Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Omega Nvidia Drivers

Options
  • 01-07-2005 10:57am
    Registered Users Posts: 861 ✭✭✭

Morning all,

Installed my new 6800gt last night with the drivers that came with bf2. Crashed to desktop.
    So I unstalled/cleaned and installed omega drivers.
    Now whenever i start the game it tells me that for optimised video performance that i should upgrade my drivers.

The game seems to be running fine but how can i stop it telling me to update drivers?

Should I have chosen the "Performance" config instead of "Quality" during the Omega installation?

Cheers

Wavey

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,892 ✭✭✭bizmark

Still waiting for my 6800gt to come from germany god damn gls hurry up

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,912 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ponster

Hmmm... I havn't been able to find anyone else with the same problem as you but I did have the same thing myself when the drivers I installed weren't the 'official' ones on the CD (I'm running XP64 so need special drivers for the 6800gt).
    The problem disappeared after I ran the game for the3rd/4th time but that doesn't really help you...

• Registered Users Posts: 861 ✭✭✭Wavey

Bizmark, Is that the gigabyte one from jes?

Sweet card running smoothly with all high settings and 4x AA. Not sure of the fps. How do I know what fps im getting? Something in the console?

Its my 2nd one though, had to rma the 1st one, twas fuxored.

Hope urs arrives soon.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,912 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ponster

Console command :

Renderer Commands

renderer.drawHud [0,1] - Turns the Heads Up Display (HUD) on or off.

renderer.drawConsole [0,1] - Turns off access to the in-game console if set to 0.

renderer.drawFps [0,1] - Displays the current and average frames per second (FPS) in the top left corner.

Cheers Ponster!

Will do that this evening

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 791 ✭✭✭fightin irish

Wavey wrote:
    Morning all,

Installed my new 6800gt last night with the drivers that came with bf2. Crashed to desktop.
    So I unstalled/cleaned and installed omega drivers.
    Now whenever i start the game it tells me that for optimised video performance that i should upgrade my drivers.

The game seems to be running fine but how can i stop it telling me to update drivers?

Should I have chosen the "Performance" config instead of "Quality" during the Omega installation?

Cheers

Wavey

I updated using the drivers on the demo(same one's i know as retail) But it worked fine for me? I have the same card.

balls, I typed the hud command into the console, everthing dissapeared and i can t get the hud back!!

Any ideas?

Is there somewhere in the game directory to overwrite this setting?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,485 ✭✭✭Berns

Sorta prob similar on my 6600GT. I keep gettin the update the drivers message now. When did that but can't play any video files when updated till 77.30 or whatever. So now stuck drivers on CD so can play video files & the game, apart from that annoyin start message in game. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 6,892 ✭✭✭bizmark

Wavey wrote:
    Bizmark, Is that the gigabyte one from jes?

Sweet card running smoothly with all high settings and 4x AA. Not sure of the fps. How do I know what fps im getting? Something in the console?

Its my 2nd one though, had to rma the 1st one, twas fuxored.

Hope urs arrives soon.

It’s a gainward golden sample (hehe) from jes.de i read a number of reviews on it which all where favourable. Apperently it was in England last night so maybe if the planets are in the proper alignment gls could deliver it in a few days and not totally fuxored

Advertisement