Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

To let link or not ?

• 07-07-2001 8:36pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,236 ✭✭✭

What is the rules about links ?
    i know that warez + p0rn and the like are not let but what about stuff that is in the gray area. like links to pics of people or rants about others ?
    i have seen some links to pages that are just makeing fun and beening rude about other posters on the boards.
    can people post links to sites that say things that might not be let on the boards ?
    are they just counded as a link or does what is on the othe end of the link make any diff ?

just a small Q

Coyote

The shit is getting bigger,
    and the Fan is getting smaller.

[This message has been edited by Coyote (edited 07-07-2001).]

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 78,502 ✭✭✭✭Victor

I would imagine:

They will allow anything that isn't in the category of what is unacceptable on boards.

However, they can hardly stop you doing a link to something that is in itselfOK, but that is on a site that has dodgy that isn't in the link. But they won't allow a link to the 1% OK stuff on a 99% dodgy site.

Too many freaks, not enough circuses.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,446 ✭✭✭✭amp

I think you've answered your own question - it's a gray area. You've got to balance Freedom of Speech with stuff that's potentially litigious to the boards.

Lunacy Abounds! GLminesweeper RO><ORS!
    "Boxes for show, Baskets for a pro" - [FCA]SyxPak

Advertisement