Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

America's ten most wanted

• 01-07-2005 11:28am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,566 ✭✭✭

ok, I know as games go it's not good as a sliced pan, but it does what I want from a game.

Anyone know where i can find a walk through??

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 52,001 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Advice: Trade it in for a decent game.

If you want there are walkthroughs on www.gamefaqs.com by similarly disturbed people that have actually wanted to play this turd.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,566 ✭✭✭Gillo

thanks pity you are not similarly disturbed, you might enjoy it.

instead you just read a thread on a game you describe as turd; go figure

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,225 ✭✭✭Ciaran500

How do you know he hasn't played the game? :rolleyes:

Every review available paints the game as a "turd": http://www.gamerankings.com/htmlpages2/582401.asp

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭Citizen_Erased

Silly american propoganda :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 856 ✭✭✭StonedParadoX

gamefaqs.com has the best guides on the net

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

The funny thing is its developed by Black Ops, the company who developed the absolutely brilliant Medal of Honour games on the PSX.

Although, they also made Tomorrow Never Dies. I always found it peculiar how a single developer can make 2 of the greatest games to ever hit the 32bit era, and then some of the worst. :confused:

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 14,090 Mod ✭✭✭✭monument

The funny thing is its developed by Black Ops, the company who developed the absolutely brilliant Medal of Honour games on the PSX.

:confused:

Dreamworks Interactive (now EA LA) developed MoH, and MoH Underground for the first PS.

monument wrote:
    :confused:

Dreamworks Interactive (now EA LA) developed MoH, and MoH Underground for the first PS.

Nope. They published it. Read the case. Developed by Black Ops.

Unless I'm mistaken, but I am almost postive the casing reads developed by Black Ops entertainment. Unless they did something else other then develop...?

Does it say 'Developed by Black Ops' on the case?

They could have done some work on the game, but I really don't think they were the developer.

• Advertisement

I cant find the case, but I remember years ago seeing something about Black Ops on it. Hmmm...must really dig it out to satisfy my curiousity.

Found it.

Yes, Developed by Black Ops

http://kerdel32.perso.cegetel.net/Pochette2/Medal_Of_Honor_PAL-Back.jpg

Very last line on the writing on the left of the box.

Found it.

Yes, Developed by Black Ops

http://kerdel32.perso.cegetel.net/Pochette2/Medal_Of_Honor_PAL-Back.jpg

No, that text on the bottom left says "(C) 1999 Dreamworks Interactive LLC. All Rights Reserved. Dreamsworks is a trademark LLC. Electronic Arts and the Electronic Arts logo are trademarks or register trademarks of Electronic Arts Inc in the US and or other countries. All rights reserved." OR "This software is only compatible with hardware displaying " " and PAL".

Now...

"Developer: Dreamworks Int."
    http://www.gamespot.com/ps/action/medalofhonor/index.html

"Developer: DreamWorks Interactive"
    http://www.gamestats.com/objects/011/011925/

"Developer < Dreamworks Int. >"
    http://www.gamecritics.com/review/medalofhonor/main.php

"Developed By: Dreamworks Interactive"
    http://www.mobygames.com/game/medal-of-honor

"Developed by: DreamWorks Interactive"
    http://psx.ign.com/articles/161/161925p1.html

"DEVELOPER: Dreamworks Interactive"
    http://www.metacritic.com/games/platforms/psx/medalofhonor

It must be a ****ing conspiracy!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 52,001 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

i think Dreamworks interactive hired Black Ops for the developement. Just like Konami hired Treasure for Gradius V. They aren't Mentioned on the box either. I'm almost sure they are mentioned in the end credits. Dreamworks were more publisher than developer and actually had very few, if any developement staff.

Edit: monument is correct about the writing on the box. It's the same on my platinum version.

Look again, this time more carefully in the part I have circled.

Retrogamer you are correct, but nonethe less my point being BLACK OPS did develop the game.

You know that's the "other left", ie the right side of the box. But you were right about the overall point.

monument wrote:
    You know that's the "other left", ie the right side of the box. But you were right about the overall point.

Lol yeah I realised that when I was typing....kinda thinking...oops :o

monument wrote:

:D Got me as well. Christ sake mobile infantry do you not have a freckle or something on one of your hands.

Of note is that my PAL platinum copy has 'Developed by Dreamworks Interactive' in that place.

All this looking at boxes and discussing MoH has made me want to go and dig out my copy again.

Medal Of Honor PSX is the single greatest game experience I've ever had. The following games on the PC, ps2 and the xbox were more so average war shooters that had little to truly distinguish themselves from a host of other decent shooters.

What had we before MoH on the psx? Nothing much really in the line of either ww2 or decent fps games.

Ah, I remember the arguments we had back in the day. Medal of Honor VS Goldeneye. I think for me it will always without a doubt be MoH....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 834 ✭✭✭dearg_doom

Legend, guys, I had this very discussion a few weeks ago!

Retr0gamer wrote:
    Of note is that my PAL platinum copy has 'Developed by Dreamworks Interactive' in that place.

Get this! My copy of the 2 games in one version(of MOH + Underground) says 'Published by EA, developed by EA'!!

I guess DW bought Black Ops(plus their IP rights) and then EA bought DW. I guess it's similar to how nowadays it's a Boeing F-15 since they bought McDD.

All this looking at boxes and discussing MoH has made me want to go and dig out my copy again.

lol, I replayed it a few weeks ago too!

What had we before MoH on the psx? Nothing much really in the line of either ww2 or decent fps games.

Yep, agreed there, MOH was a great idea for a game, the WW2 theme was a brilliant idea and done very well, my sister still gets scared when she plays it! Not only that but you could see the dev's loved the project too; the little German-lessons on the start screen and the vid of Dale giving out 'orders' to them in the credits screen.

Ah, I remember the arguments we had back in the day. Medal of Honor VS Goldeneye. I think for me it will always without a doubt be MoH....

I have to disagree with ya there!! . GoldenEye was waaay better imo*, nicer graphics(not that means much in itself, but it was soooo good looking;)), sniper rifle, co-op-teammate(Xenia?), tanks, clever AI(those guys were einsteins compared to the MOH guys, and MOST of all: ingenious non-linear levels. It really felt like you were wandering around a real office-block/frigate with loads of unessessary rooms and random spots.

In fact I read a speech made a while back by Martin Hollis, Goldeneye007 lead dev guy, all about the making of GE which I reccommend.

Judging by the design of Zoonami's (his latest company) website, it seems he is still a Bond fan:)

In other news URL=http://www.zoonami.com/briefing/2005-05-10.php]it seems he'll be dev'ing for the PSP now, so we might see good FPS on it soon enough.[/URL]

*though that's not to say MOH is crap, it's probablly better and more original than most of the FPS' we get these days![

• Advertisement

MOH on the PS1 was probably the first FPS gmae that was set in a realistic WW2 setting. The authentic german speech weaponary and level architecture was what made it stand out. I preferred the single player MOH game to Goldeneye single player. There just much more atmosphere with the authentic setting and the excellent score blasting out of the speakers. Found the AI to be better as well. The way they found and took cover was excellent and if there wasn't any they went prone. Also it was the first game to have the AI react to the grenades which I thought was amazing. I have to say that it did borrow very heavily from goldeneye. It was more of an improvement.

Goldeneye however wins hands down in multiplayer. 4 players instead of 2 and no horrible fogging and pop up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 834 ✭✭✭dearg_doom

Yea the grenades reactions were great alright.

I agree with the great atmosphere in MOH, but I preferred Goldeneye. It's James Bond ffs:) brass band and all!

The biggest letdown in MOH for me was the ULTRALINEARITY which I ****ing hated. Needless to say I hate that it became de rigeur for FPS's ever since. It really annoys me now, for example in Killzone they tried to 'hide' their linear level design by letting different charachters take differing routes, but at the end of the day their is only one way thru the levels. It's just lazy imo!!

Goldeneye's multiplayer was slick tho, such intricate levels with lots of hiding space.

Advertisement