Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

NAV Corporate Edition Question

• 01-07-2005 11:32am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 256 ✭✭

Hi,

Maybe someone can help me with this - What ports does 'defwatch.exe' use its the process that searches for available updates...

Cheers,
    /Patrick

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,733 ✭✭✭Blub2k4

$lash wrote:
    What ports does 'defwatch.exe' use its the process that searches for available updates...

It's actually the process that watches for updates to be passed to the central quarantine server to update that and attempt to release rescanned docs.

What you are looking for is rtvscan.exe and strangely enough Symantec have a website, go to the search section and insert "ports and communication".

I

• Closed Accounts Posts: 256 ✭✭$lash

I am aware of what the process does ... I just need to know which ports it uses...

And through an amazing brainwave I have already searched Symantec's website - but to no avail.

/Patrick

This is security and not tech support by the way, there is a distinct possibility you will be banned from the forum for not reading the FAQ.....but it would not be the first time you didn't RTFM methinks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,239 ✭✭✭Gilgamesh

which version iof NAV corp, or do you mean SAV corp?

• Advertisement

If you are using an older version then you will have to use UDP instead of TCP. for the rtvscan port.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,239 ✭✭✭Gilgamesh

btw, if you are using the Corp edition of SAV, then surely your company will have an active entitlement/License with Symantec which entitles you to ask there Tech support

Blub2k4 wrote:

Surprisingly I managed to locate this page all by myself but there is no mention of defwatch.exe the process which I am interested in.

With regard to your second statement I realise this isn't technical support forum - but I feel your attitude problem is unjustified, I was simply asking if someone had previous experience with this and could help me out. - Perhaps you should go take some Midol or something.

@Gilgamesh - Cheers it's SAV9.0 - I will give tech support a shout about it - just wanted to check here first as Symantec tend to have long phone queues

$lash wrote:
    Surprisingly I managed to locate this page all by myself but there is no mention of defwatch.exe the process which I am interested in.

Maybe that's because you dont actually have a clue what the process does. You cant even read the correct information as presented never mind look it up yourself.
    You asked a question and I gave an answer that I KNOW to be correct and you are still taking a dig at me, despite not being able to RTFM. Get a life.

This was my original question:
    $lash wrote:
    What ports does 'defwatch.exe' use

You did not answer this question -

If you have any further issues I am more than happy to discuss them through the PM service provided.

/Patrick.

• Advertisement

Defwatch does not use a port, I explained that in the first post
    me wrote:
    It's actually the process that watches for updates to be passed to the central quarantine server to update that and attempt to release rescanned docs.

What you are looking for is rtvscan.exe

In future use google mate, you cant argue with it.

Advertisement