Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Medal of honour : European Assault

• 01-07-2005 11:59am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,488 ✭✭✭

Thinking about getting this game. Has any body played it yet. I have the first game on the pc MOH:Allied Assualt (which i loved), just wondering if this game is worth getting.

And how are the control compared to the xbox version :confused:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,300 ✭✭✭CiaranC

Ive played the first few levels. Same old same old. Id avoid tbh.

I use a smartjoy fraq kb+mouse adapater on the xbox, which is great except that the game is ridiculously easy, even on the hardest level, because all xbox FPS are dumbed down in order to be playable with the stupid controller.

If you havent already, try Brothers In Arms: Road to Hill 30, much better game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 455 ✭✭digitalninja

get CoD.
    Way better than MoH.
    dunno if its on xbox, if not, get a pc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

CoD and MoH on pc are pretty similar, given that they were developed by the same team. But CoD may be slightly better...

As for European assault, its alright, but its far inferior to the two pc games mentioned above :)

Road to Hill 30 is a different type of game in some ways, not as much a rambo style FPS that CoD and MoH are....think Rainbow Six-ish in WWII

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,747 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I enjoyed the game except the last level which is pissing me off right at the final hurdle. Nice controls. However the game is quite short and the the team AI can be stupid at times. I'd recommend it over CoD. You should try Brothers in Arms. From what I played of it, which isn't much, it's quite good but, as mobileinfantry said, a completely different game from CoD or MoH.

European assault is nowhere near as good as the CoD and MoH games on the PC. If you have the hardware you should pick up MoH: Pacific Assault for the PC. It's very good despite terrible first impressions from the demo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,488 ✭✭✭AdrianII

Cheers guys
    didnt get it yet, might rent it out first, just to be safe. But i have brothers in arms and do not like it at all.

Hey "CiaranC" where did you get the keyborad and mouse from and how much did they cost

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,300 ✭✭✭CiaranC

http://www.lik-sang.com/info.php?category=83&products_id=5438&PHPSESSID=c9537165ca4ff2f68687124ec0e8b170

Smartjoy Frag adaptor. Any ps/2 kb and mouse will do, though i use a nice wireless one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,042 ✭✭✭spooky donkey

COD is out for the xbox as i have its called COD finest hour and its not bad, bit no where close to the PC version. I havent played the new MOH game but I dident joy the last one that was out for the xbox.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,171 ✭✭✭syboit

wow, disappointed to hear the COD is better than european assault. Was not impressed with COD (a completely diff game to the PC version, as one review said - Consolised). Threw COD back on the shelf and started with Brothers in arms, class stuff if you like squad games.

Probably wont learn, and get european assualt later...

Advertisement