Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I've trying something new...

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,379 ✭✭✭Mills

Nope, from what I'm told karma isn't board specific, anyone who has been bestowed with the rank of moderator is able to give out karma appropriately on any board, if I'm told by one of the admins that this is not the case then fair enough, I've never gone outside the CS board to give karma except for one post on technology and two of yours. I didn't set out to give you karma, I just happened to see a load of flames from you on the boards I was reading, worse than I've seen by anyone outside of a few deliberate trouble makers on CS board since the karma system was introduced.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,136 ✭✭✭Bob the Unlucky Octopus

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by WhiteLancer:
    Still hurting from my "specious" comment that FA was better than DoD i see bob.</font>

That had nothing to do with it, and the sad thing is that you know it. You're just trying to sh*it-stir- which isn't just being an attention ho3- but acting the Uber-muppet. Your hurtful comments after I made valid arguments in that thread didn't endear you to me in the slightest- but I gave you -1 Karma because practically the second Shinji warned you, you acted abusive. As for saying it's "that mods business"- it isn't any of your business to question the rules out of context. If you have a complaint start a thread about mods giving karma on other boards. Don't use the argument as a pathetic crutch to defend yourself from legitimate criticism.

Your remark that Shinji was being racist due to a neo-colonialist comment he made on a Humanities thread is so incredibly insulting I won't even get into it. How stupid do you think we are? You draw an inexplicable conclusion from a simple statement of opinion. You're trying to justify to us (and maybe to yourself) that there's a legitimate reason for you disliking Shinji. It's pathetic really...

unclesam.jpg

Bob the Unlucky Octopus
    =Carpe Diem=

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,922 ✭✭✭Dave

Nice tactic that... digging your way out of a hole.

12 click.

-Dave

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Celt

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Your hurtful comments after I made valid arguments in that thread didn't endear you to me in the slightest</font>
    Are you reading the same posts i am?
    <font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Makes you wonder if the Palestinians really are capable of running their own country. Most other arab nations with extremists in positions of power seem to have f*cked it up royally, I fail to see how Palestine would do any better..</font>
    <font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">we're NOT all created equal, all cultures are NOT equally valid</font>
    <font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Funny how it always seems to be the Muslims who screw it all up, eh?</font>
    And dont make smart comments about quoting dictioanries pls
    <font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">rac·ism (rszm)
    n.
    The belief that race accounts for differences in human character or ability and that a particular race is superior to others.
    Discrimination or prejudice based on race.

racist adj 1: based on racial intolerance; "racist remarks" 2: discriminatory especially on the basis of race or religion [syn: antiblack, anti-Semitic, anti-Semite(a)] n : a person with a prejudiced belief that one race is superior to others </font>

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Whitelancer in the way CT would put it ....

hide.txt

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,446 ✭✭✭✭amp

Bravo Whitelancer! You fight that evil power that's oppressing your innocent, white as snow áss. Pretty soon I think all the moderators and admins will realise the terrible mistake they are making with you.
    They will realise that they're actions are totally unjustified and that they're picking on you unjustly.

And then you'll wake up and realise you've peed the bed again!

Lunacy Abounds! GLminesweeper RO><ORS!
    "Boxes for show, Baskets for a pro" - [FCA]SyxPak

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by WhiteLancer:
    Yes actually it should be something on the boards there moderated in, it isnt there business on other boards, its that mods business.</font>

That's hardly up to you to decide.

Negative karma set. tongue.gif

Bard
    First motorbike in the bible ???? ---- a Triumph --- 'Yea verily Moses struck down the ammmanites and all the land heard the roar of his triumph !!!'

[This message has been edited by Bard (edited 08-07-2001).]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭TwoShedsJackson

Is someone banned at -10 Karma, I thought I read that somewhere. Seeing as WhiteLancer is the first to plumb those depths? smile.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,275 ✭✭✭Shinji

Uh-oh, looks like Whitelancer has extreme difficulty telling the difference between "debate" and "reality". I wonder if we should draw him a little diagram, like Father Dougal had?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Castor Troy:
    Is someone banned at -10 Karma, I thought I read that somewhere. Seeing as WhiteLancer is the first to plumb those depths? smile.gif</font>

Well if every negative point in the Karma history counts... he should be on -13 ... maybe it stops counting after -10?

Bard
    First motorbike in the bible ???? ---- a Triumph --- 'Yea verily Moses struck down the ammmanites and all the land heard the roar of his triumph !!!'

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,626 ✭✭✭smoke.me.a.kipper

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Shinji:
    I wonder if we should draw him a little diagram, like Father Dougal had?</font>

hahah. pld Shinji.

White, look mate, theres nothing you can do about this. the mods have had their say. just give it up for now, and just think about what you post in future.

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Hang on, noone gets run out of town around here (unless I do it smile.gif ) BUT I *have* had reason to talk to White before and only today saw a burst of invective totally off topic at a user on the CS board.

Get this much correct though:
    Main boards.ie Mods have the right to issue negative Karma anywhere on the site. However once negative karma has been set for a given post NO OTHER MOD OR ADMIN can issue negative karma for that post so a lot of negative karma means a lot of bad posts.

Shinji should have a license for that tongue of his but I dont see anything wrong with his adminning particularly.

White, you need to calm down and start thinking your posts through. Less invective and insults and more considered opinion.

Thats why Shinji gets away with it, because as unpleasant as his slagging may be to you, its not just "f00k u yuo m0ng!".

DeV.

[This message has been edited by DeVore (edited 08-07-2001).]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,275 ✭✭✭Shinji

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Shinji should have a license for that tongue of his</font>

frown.gif

Unfortunately there doesn't seem to be an organisation responsible for licensing tongues... (phew, I avoided the blatantly obvious rimming joke, plyd me...)

I don't believe in having to bite my tongue when dealing with someone who is being insulting, overbearing and generally a pain. If I'm in work and I'm dealing with someone who is annoying me, I'll grin and bear it, because I have to, but the same rules don't apply outside of paid worktime - and that has nothing to do with my moderator position, since I'd be like that moderator or not, and indeed was like that long before I was a moderator... smile.gif (I know Dev knows this, but I just want to make clear to folk that I'm not on some kind of moderator powertrip - in so much as is possible, my moderator privs, the same as my admin on the IGN servers and ops in fortress.ie, are used as objectively as I can. What I actually say is coming from Shinji the boards poster, not Shinji the moderator, unless otherwise flagged.)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,468 ✭✭✭Evil Phil

WL is quiet now so let's hope he learned his lesson. It's going to take him a while to get his karma back though.

[This message has been edited by Evil Phil (edited 08-07-2001).]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,136 ✭✭✭Bob the Unlucky Octopus

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Shinji:
    Uh-oh, looks like Whitelancer has extreme difficulty telling the difference between "debate" and "reality". I wonder if we should draw him a little diagram, like Father Dougal had?</font>

Well put Rob m8. That thread that he uses as a toothpick argument to "prove" your dastardly racism was being argued from a pragmatic point of view. WL doesn't seem to realize that in policy debate of that nature, the points of view that you hold aren't necessarily your own. A stimulating discussion can sometimes only be achieved by taking a new, and different point of view.

You see Rob, he figures that on the basis of one policy argument he's sussed out not just your feelings on racism, but your weight, height sexual preference etc. It's his way of efficiently coming to an expedient conclusion that fits his abstract hatred of random individuals. Future generations will call it "Whitelogic"- it's the doublethink of the 21st century- be afraid...be very, very afraid.

Bob the Unlucky Octopus
    =Carpe Diem=

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

He'd proably be quicker re-registering and catching up on posts, than trying to get karma back from a mod he hasnt insulted(i chalange you to find me one).

Advertisement