Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Removing dried in cement from stone

Options
  • 01-07-2005 12:43pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 334 ✭✭

Hi,
    I recently put down paving in my garden, but went a bit over the top with the cement in places. Are there any chemicals (or anything) available for removing dried in cement?

Cheers.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,952 ✭✭✭✭Stoner

I got a company in to clean down my red brick wall ( removed painf and cement) they were called Nolans I think, a green van ( not the large nolan contract cleaning) these guys do this work all the time, the had chemicals etc tahe did the trick.
    only thing was that its burns lots of stuff like rubber seals etc, and runs from the walls for some time ( plants dont like it )

• Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭Manaris

I recently used Santrax to remove dired in grout/cement from the kitchen floor tiles. It was recommended to me by a friend who does this sort of thing for a living. It's basically diluted HCL, so you have to be a bit careful with it (skin, lungs etc. really don't like the stuff!), but it softened the cement to the point where it could be easily removed with a wire brush. Don't know if it would work in your situation, but it might be worth a try. You should be able to get it in any hardware shop, and it comes in 1ltr and 5ltr bottles.

Cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,952 ✭✭✭✭Stoner

Thats true I had that stuff too (recommended by a school caretaker) It was good at some things, but would not take grout off the tiles, might be worth a shot though, good point

• Closed Accounts Posts: 334 ✭✭WhatsGoingOn

Manaris wrote:
    I recently used Santrax to remove dired in grout/cement from the kitchen floor tiles. It was recommended to me by a friend who does this sort of thing for a living. It's basically diluted HCL, so you have to be a bit careful with it (skin, lungs etc. really don't like the stuff!), but it softened the cement to the point where it could be easily removed with a wire brush. Don't know if it would work in your situation, but it might be worth a try. You should be able to get it in any hardware shop, and it comes in 1ltr and 5ltr bottles.

Cheers.

I'll give it a go, thanks guys.

Advertisement