Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Its like UT2004 for old pcs....

Options
  • 01-07-2005 12:48pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭

Mobile Forces!

Based on the UT engine, but with a CS style weapon choice and with vehicles.

Heres the wierd thing. The physics and details on the vehicles is fantastic, and the levels are decent enough layout. But then, the weapon and character models are pathetic. Some of the worst weapon graphics I've EVER seen.

But its got the core of any game - fun. Its one of the most fun games I've played in a long, long time.

So, if you have an ancient PC, and look on jealously at UT2004 and its big landscapes and vehiclar combat, look for Mobile Forces. Will run on the original or little bit higher UT specs (500mhz and 192ram will handle it fine)

Can't wait to play it on LAN!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,297 ✭✭✭Ri_Nollaig

goes with your name :P
    i do remember playing that game ages ago on a demo wit a pc mag not bad was good fun

• Registered Users Posts: 3,225 ✭✭✭JackKelly

is it a mod? Downloadable? (legally?) linky?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

TimAy wrote:
    is it a mod? Downloadable? (legally?) linky?

Its not a mod, its a standalone game I'm afraid....very hard to come by these days.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,225 ✭✭✭JackKelly

damn. I'll have a look all the same. Could be interesting.

Advertisement