Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BT Price Changes?

• 01-07-2005 2:16pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 666 ✭✭✭

Browsing the BTIreland web site, and I noticed the following price structure for their broadband for new users:

Broadband and line rental
    €25 per month for the first 4 months
    €40 per month for every month after

Broadband Plus and line rental
    €35 per month for the first 4 months
    €50 per month for every month after

Anyone know if this applies to existing customers also?

I have tried to get through to their sales number, but the call back thing is in operation and gave up on that, they've never called be back before...

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 458 ✭✭juliuspret

Im not even going to try and mock you!!!

For existing customers: Yes

If you get their BB without their line rental:
    1Mb = €30 a month
    2Mb = €40 a month
    After the first 4 months.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,142 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

dancin wrote:
    Browsing the BTIreland web site, and I noticed the following price structure for their broadband for new users:

Broadband and line rental
    €25 per month for the first 4 months
    €40 per month for every month after

Broadband Plus and line rental
    €35 per month for the first 4 months
    €50 per month for every month after

Anyone know if this applies to existing customers also?

I have tried to get through to their sales number, but the call back thing is in operation and gave up on that, they've never called be back before...
    Yeah it does (kinda), as long as you switch your line rental to them, or already have it with them you can avail of the offer. i got my mum to switch the line rental over so we could save money overall.

The first 4 months bit only applies to new customers. I think

• Closed Accounts Posts: 145 ✭✭Tech Pete

Yeah its an "introductory offer".
    Says on the site that u can get it if u never had BB before.
    All trialists and previous customers cannot avail.

Quote:
    This special offer is for first time broadband customers only. If you’ve already had a broadband service, you can still enjoy BT Broadband at a new lower price.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,174 ✭✭✭1huge1

please dont mock me if this is stupid what exactly is line rental and is there a way you dont have to play for it
    please answer

laugh to yourselves if you must...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 458 ✭✭juliuspret

Line rental is paid to eircom for the (supposed)maintenance of the telco infrastructure.

But eircom use it to pay off their investors such as Tony O'Reilly and other multi-millionaires (that is why it is far and away the highest in Europe).

Line Rental is 24.18(19.99 excl VAT) but BT have a deal whereby you pay only €10 if you get their Broadband and it is a great deal.

Basically if you only want Broadband...BT has by far the best value...saving at least €15 over eircom/UTV in your monthly broadband bill.

• Advertisement
Advertisement