Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

users deleting posts?

Options
  • 08-07-2001 9:39pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6,601 ✭✭✭

Was this feature disabled?
    Is there not an option whereby you can only delete if theres no replies?

Just wondering, as I posted a question in Programming only to figure it out after a minute myself.. and quite annoying to find you now can't delete an irrelevant and pointless post.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 299 ✭✭androphobic

I've just had the same problem. I accidentally posted the same post twice on Travel/Hols and it wouldn't let me delete one of them.. it said only the mod/ forum leader can delete this post or something.

It wasn't the first post on the thread, it was only a reply. Am I doing something wrong? Otherwise it's pretty annoying that you can't delete a post if you've posted twice.

andro.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

Yes Kali, it WAS disabled outright ... see http://www.boards.ie/bulletin/Forum24/HTML/000257.html

I myself think it should still be available in the situation you've described, - where no replies have yet been made to the thread and yours is the only post on it ... - this is an opinion which I've voiced already to no avail.

Oh well!

Bard
    First motorbike in the bible ???? ---- a Triumph --- 'Yea verily Moses struck down the ammmanites and all the land heard the roar of his triumph !!!'

[This message has been edited by Bard (edited 09-07-2001).]

• Registered Users Posts: 11,446 ✭✭✭✭amp

Obviously another sign of DeV's oppression rather than a technical problem/limitation with UBB.

Maybe it'll help people think before they post. tongue.gif

Lunacy Abounds! GLminesweeper RO><ORS!
    "Boxes for show, Baskets for a pro" - [FCA]SyxPak

• Registered Users Posts: 2,660 ✭✭✭Baz_

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by amp:
    Obviously another sign of DeV's oppression rather than a technical problem/limitation with UBB.

Maybe it'll help people think before they post. tongue.gif
    </font>

**** stirrer ^^ tongue.gif

Advertisement