Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lost my Management Agreement Document - Noise problems. Help!

Options
  • 01-07-2005 2:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,405 ✭✭✭

When we bought our apartment five years ago, we were given a copy of the Management Agreement document by the vendors.

One of then signed on as a director (there are only four units in the building).

Unfortunately, we may now have a dispute with our overhead neighbours regarding noise - they let their apartment. Last year they did it up. In doing so they removed all the carpets and replaced them with wooden and tiled floors. This resulted in most of the activity overhead being audible to us down below. - I am almost positive that the management agreement states that partition floors must be covered in soundproof coverings.

So, just in case I need to press this issue, I need to locate or replace the document.

Is there somewhere I might find a copy of this? Is there some government agency that keeps these things?

On the issue of noise, what is the legal situation? Do I have any rights? Can noise levels be tested?

Many thanks.

D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 488 ✭✭babaduck

Get your solicitor to contact the Vendor's solicitor - they should have a copy in their client file

• Registered Users Posts: 78,388 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Tell the management company your accountant has the file and he's on holidays at the moment and ask a for a copy direct from them. If no progress, then talk to solicitor.

Is this document effectively your title document?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,405 ✭✭✭Dinarius

Victor wrote:
    Is this document effectively your title document?

I don't think so. I can't remember what we gave to the EBS in return for the mortgage, but we must have given them something! ;-)

The management agreement only outlines the terms that have to be observed by the occupants. As there are only four of us, we've never had any problems.

I don't want this sound issue to boil over, but if we lose a tenant because of it, it will cost us about €1000 for every vacant month, while reflooring the kitchen over our bedroom with linoleum would cost less: a point I have made to the owners of the overhead apartment.

D.

babaduck wrote:
    Get your solicitor to contact the Vendor's solicitor - they should have a copy in their client file

Good idea.

Thanks.

D.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 449 ✭✭Thomond Pk

Your own solicitor should have retained a copy of the document on file as it forms part of the 'requisitisitions on title' part of the acquisition.

• Advertisement

Many thanks for that. Will call her tomorrow.

D.

Advertisement