Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WoW billing = absolute scum imho....

Options
  • 01-07-2005 4:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10,339 ✭✭✭✭

I've been having trouble with WoW for a few months now. Basically having to reinstall the game every time a patch is released and having that installation fail 3 out of 4 attempts on average is getting a bit tiresome. pity. I like the game.

Anyway, I decided that I would cancel my quarterly subscription and toddled off to the accounts website to cancel.

attempt 1: clicked on account management and clicked on cancel account only to ahve it time out on me. tried again a few times, same deal. I'll leave it til tomorrow.

attempt 2: server tiemd out straight off the bat. no progress whatsoever.

forgot about it for a week or so and then went "sh** ! its coming up to renewal time. I cant remember if I cancelled or not" so

attempt 3: cant log in to the account server. No account exists with that username / password

\o/ I'm safe.

Credit card bill arrives and there, on the second last line is the WoW subscription charge for the next quarter.

So, I mail billing support and explain what happened.

the reply was

" It states in teh terms and conditions that you must personally cancel your subscription. seeing as we have not had a cancellation request from you your fee was charged automatically. If you still wish to cancel, please do so on the account management page"

AAAAAAAAAAaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaH!!!!!

this doth suck. most mightily indeed.

A word of caution to others who are thinking of cancelling. Cancel online. Mail billing support and cancel there. Keep copies of everything.

Now, off to argue with billing support a bit more. gits. :(

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,051 ✭✭✭BKtje

strange, im having absoultely no problem navigating the site(except when everything is slow on patch day or when the odd time the webby has problems which did happen this week). Ive also never had any problems installing the game on either copy ive had.

I do sympathise but are you sure its not your pc somehow? have you tried on someone elses pc. Again i do sympathise but if the site is having no problems (afaik they aint) then Blizz could just be thinking your trying to scam em or something which is why you got that reply from them.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,339 ✭✭✭✭LoLth

PC is working fine with everything else. Just installed GTA:SA - working fine , also installed battlefield 2 on wednesday night - also working fine. no problems with internet access.

completely patched. AVG updated. 2 Antispyware. sitting behind a hardware firewall (taking the firewall out of the equation did noting by the way).

I wouldnt mind a "please read T&C" email if they havent been so off putting about the reinstalling issue up to now. absolutely ZERO help from their tech support (and I'm not the only one having the difficulties).

• Registered Users Posts: 4,560 ✭✭✭Ivan

I really think you're jumping to conclusions. You may not have been able to properly cancel your account, or log in later due to problems with their site but the responsibility is still yours to cancel the subscription.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,945 ✭✭✭Anima

Quick question here. You know how you have to key in a cc number when you sign up with the 10-day pass, do they start charging after thats up or do you have to say "yes i want you to start billing me etc"?.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Dustaz

Whats the technichal issue your having?

I know i (and others) had a pretty major one which i _thought_ i had to reinstall for. Check here for the solution to that one: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=2912283&postcount=5

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,982 ✭✭✭Caliden

anima -> i think with that free test you actually need to buy the game with an authentication key

• Registered Users Posts: 8,051 ✭✭✭BKtje

Well if that all checks out Lolth i dunno whats wrong. Good luck with tech/billing suppor.t

• Registered Users Posts: 10,339 ✭✭✭✭LoLth

would take way too much arguing to get anywhere with this. My advice would be to keep track of times and dates etc when you try to cancel your account. and definitely send in an email request as well.

I should have sent in an email but when I saw the "no account" I assumed that all was well. :( guess I should have been more thorough.

It is a pity though. The game is great but the constant reinstalling every time a patch was release was seriously annoying.

==> Dustaz: I tried that one already. changed the router to full / 100 , half / 10 etc and turned off auto negotiation on the PC, just to make absolutely sure. No difference. the patch kills the game and the reinstall times out at random during the installation process. I thought it was ram but no joy, not even sure its the SATA HD... :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,788 ✭✭✭Vikings

The account management pages are a total joke tbh. Never up when you want and or need them to be.

Advertisement