Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

4000 a week? for a bricklayer

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭gimpotronitus

Rubens wrote:
    "Historical Averages". What a silly statement regarding house prices. If we were to use historical averages to speculate on future house prices then in 30 years time the average 3 bed semi in Dublin will sell for €25,754,963.
    (TWENTY FIVE MILLION)

Don't be a fool.

RJ

That would be taking into account relative spending power and inflation but you would have to have just a small bit of cop on to understand that, which you dont. So just ignore that statement, you should be able to understand the rest of it :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 118 ✭✭Rubens

That would be taking into account relative spending power and inflation but you would have to have just a small bit of cop on to understand that, which you dont. So just ignore that statement, you should be able to understand the rest of it :)

It's not my fault that your grasp of the english language led to ambiguous interpretations of your childish musings.

Hvae fun for the rest of your life with your limIted intellectual resources! No need to reply - you have already embarrassed yourself enough.

RJ

• Closed Accounts Posts: 314 ✭✭gregos

I'm more educated than some bricklayers and less educated than others.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,264 ✭✭✭RicardoSmith

My father was a brick layer, he always said it was hard work, even if he did make good money.

He insisted that I go to college and get a pen pushers job.

I'm a Software Engineer that earns in a year what a brick layer earns in six weeks.

Ditto. :rolleyes: I even worked on the sites for years and was persuaded to leave it to go to college. Mind you building was in a woeful state when I was doing it. 32-40K got you a 4 bedroom house in Dublin. If you could even sell it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,537 ✭✭✭joseph brand

Brickies have to earn as much as possible before they are around 50.

Working in our mild temperate climate, with blocks and muck results in Sir Arthur Itis creeping into the bones of their hands, thus inhibiting them doin any more work.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭gimpotronitus

Rubens wrote:
    It's not my fault that your grasp of the english language led to ambiguous interpretations of your childish musings.

Hvae fun for the rest of your life with your limIted intellectual resources! No need to reply - you have already embarrassed yourself enough.

RJ

What wrong pet? Mammy didn't tell you you were a good boy enough times no? ahhhhhhhh poor RJ. :D

Advertisement