Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Motorla v980 or v550?

Options
  • 01-07-2005 4:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,784 ✭✭✭

Hi, sorry to start a new topic but I couldn't find an answer to my Q anywhere. I want to get a new fone and I'm trying to decide between a motorola v980 or v550. Is there anyone out there who has used both? The main thing I am looking for is a good camera and a decent battery. I heard that the v980 has a good camera but that it has a bad battery. Can anyone confirm this? Also, does the v550 have bluetooth or infrared? Finally, how big are they? Someone told me that the v980 was fairly chunky.
    To conclude, which should I get?!!
    I would appreciate it if anyone could help me.
    Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

The V980 is 149 while the V550 is 169 on RTG. The v980 is a much better phone as it's a 3G phone. This also means it's bigger, but you get bigger screen etc aswell. You normally get two batteries in the v980 as the battery life isn't as good, again because it's a 3G phone.
    I would go for the V980 as it's newer, personally. See if you can try out both in store.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,784 ✭✭✭#15

Ok thanks for your help.
    Can an add-on be bought which will let me use bluetooth or infrared on the v980?
    Anyone know how many messages can be stored in the inbox as well?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

As far as I know, there's no bluetooth enchancement for the v980. The v550 does have the bluetooth. A bit weird that Motorola didn't put it on the v980 but anyway...!

Advertisement