Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Large glass jars of food, where can I get them in dublin?

• 01-07-2005 4:31pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭

Anybody know where you can get large glass jars of food in dublin?
    I got some before in some ethic shop in moore street, but they have none now.
    I am really just after big glass jars. Preferably 4 litres+. Some shops sell empty ones, but it is usually cheaper to buy them full.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 916 ✭✭✭MicraBoy

If I'm not misunderstanding you, you can get empty ones in Kitchen Compliments on Chatham St. Dublin 2 (off Grafton St).

They are the ones with the rubber seal and metal clasp. They are downstairs round the back and they have a variety of sizes. I recently bought a large jar for holding homemade muesli. Hope that helps!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Thanks. They sound expensive though, with the clasp. I got 4.5litre jars of pickles for only €5. I need them for the same thing, museli and cereals.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 916 ✭✭✭MicraBoy

Don't think they were too expensive (relative to some I saw anyway). But you won't to better than $5!

Does cleaning get rid of lingering pickle smell/taste? Pity I don't like pickles either what would I do with them? :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

The taste comes out of the glass instantly it is the lid thats the problem. I boiled, scrubbed and put in the dishwasher, then and soaked in baking soda which absorbs smells very well. They were fine.

I am not fond of pickles either, especially 4 litres of them, ended up throwing most out. I would rather pay a bit extra and get some food I like, 4 litres of canned carrots or peas would be gone pretty fast. I will have to have a look in musgraves, or ask a local resturaunt for catering size jars..

Advertisement