Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Who is Vek?!

Options
  • 01-07-2005 5:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9,216 ✭✭✭

Seriously I see this person's/gang's (or whatever's) name spraypainted ALL OVER DUBLIN. Everywhere I bloody go there it is on a wall or signpost. I only noticed this a while ago whilst travelling on the Luas and since then I've noticed it everywhere. Somebody please englighten me, just who, or what the feck is Vek? (I'm sure more of you have noticed it too).

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 140 ✭✭zinc

Underground Elements Krew

Graffiti writers, taggers etc.

And oh yeah so its obviously UEK not VEK.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,216 ✭✭✭MrVestek

Errrm.... no trust me it's Vek, a definate V and not a U. I'll take a few pics the next time I spot it. Wouldn't it just make more sense for these 'taggers' to explain who they are? At least then they'd get some recognition I mean, the title of my thread explains it all.

Trust me its UEK, Ill get some clear pics where the U is clear.

I know because Ive been looking into all this quite recently. Its one of the first questions I asked, what that stands for.

Here you can see UEK clearly thereover the main piece, and notice over the next one Ultimate Evil, one of the variations of UE, the piece beside it is amazing by the way, by some guy called Pot.

lucangraff150.jpg

47b4dc37b3127cceb8c82ee0f70f0000001610

Ok heres one of their members Cist, you can se the UE quite clear there

lucangraff144.jpg

Picture from the warehouses. And the UE is UEK, Im sure you have seen UE on its own.

lucangraff146.jpg

• Advertisement

Ok cheers and thanks for clearing that up, I was more talking of instances tho where I've seen Vek or Uek just there on it's own with no surrounding graffiti. You'd notice it along the Luas red line.

Yeah its just the crew bombing UEK, its a graffiti thing. Putting the crew up can be just as important especially when they are merely bombing and tagging LUAS lines, although I imagine the potential for it looking like a V would be hightened by the fact that whats being done is illegal and bombs are usually done quite fast, like 3-10 minuites depending on what the fill etc.

Oh and you might notice some of the UEK's have radically different styles due to the fact that different people are doing them, I cant be sure on that one, Im not in UEK or anything.

Members or tags would be the names Grift and Drop and so on, you will notice them everywhere too, they are individual members of crews, not sure if they are in UEK, but they are in RCS or the Radicals.

Perfect pic for it:

eba00400336f00000045.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,724 ✭✭✭jaqian

If you wanna see more UE/UEk photos check these out: http://www.flickr.com/photos/jaqian/search/text:uek/

• Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

I remember once seen a thing on telly where some of the usual loony leftie social workers gave taggers and grafitti artists their own "park" so the little darlings could deface walls to their hearts contents without breaking the law. The cops videod 'em creating their workds of art there and then used the footage to charge them for similiar graffiti that they were defacing public areas with . f****ng class :D

• Advertisement

Sounds pretty ****ty to me, I'm no fan of SWP heads but graffiti artists and thats a term I'd have no problem using for most good writers, artists should have legal walls, Ireland of course being backwards dosent have many, for shame!

• Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

they can build 'em or buy 'em...*gasp..themselves!
    dont see me asking the government to foot the bill for my past-times

• Closed Accounts Posts: 433 ✭✭me and the biz

zinc wrote:
    I cant be sure on that one, Im not in UEK or anything.

yeah.... sure!! haha

• Closed Accounts Posts: 77 ✭✭How U Like That

Bambi wrote:
    I remember once seen a thing on telly where some of the usual loony leftie social workers gave taggers and grafitti artists their own "park" so the little darlings could deface walls to their hearts contents without breaking the law. The cops videod 'em creating their workds of art there and then used the footage to charge them for similiar graffiti that they were defacing public areas with . f****ng class :D
    I saw that too man. I vaguely remember it though! I remember some guy did a huge piece of a middle finger. looked class!

Bambi wrote:

Thats because your hobbies arent outlawed, and even more obvious is that a few legal walls will mean less illegal graf for you to look at, like the war on drugs you cannot stop it happening so try limit it, if you dislike it.

That's kind of like saying though 'Ohh yeah one of my hobbies is robbing cars and rallying them about a bit, hey government, give me free cars and a racetrack...'

• Registered Users Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭eth0_

They're really ****ty artists...they should be embarrassed by their work, rather than tagging it with their crew name. Saps.

There's barely any decent graffiti artists in Ireland.

Even the guys they get in every summer to (legally) do artwork under the Bridge of Peace in Drogheda, most of them are foreign guys.

Achilles wrote:
    That's kind of like saying though 'Ohh yeah one of my hobbies is robbing cars and rallying them about a bit, hey government, give me free cars and a racetrack...'

Yes because many people die from spray paint related incidents, and we all know graffiti artists are scumbags whose aim is to disturb society as much as possible.

eth0_ wrote:
    They're really ****ty artists...they should be embarrassed by their work, rather than tagging it with their crew name. Saps.

There's barely any decent graffiti artists in Ireland.

Even the guys they get in every summer to (legally) do artwork under the Bridge of Peace in Drogheda, most of them are foreign guys.

You need to look around, any good pieces Ive seen are usually not in general sight.

It is not easy I presume for somebody to get a piece up thats quite good timewise without risk of getting caught.

And for most of them its simply about getting your name up although style is neccessary. I dont know, appreciating a good handstyle on a tag seems to be an acquired taste methinks.

But there are some good artists especially some of the older ones.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 cr6sk8

I just happened to come across this cause some dumbass gave me the wrong url for rfa...

Anyone know their site address?

Now to business.

UEK/RFA/99 own all your gay asses.

It IS UEK not vek.

If you want to know who they are hang around ramp city/ramp 'n' rail.

UEK is not a single person.

Cist, gone, bar, mak, milk, grift, and of course me (cr6) ****ING OWN YOU.

Stop messing with us I can tell you it will not be a good idea.

Any taggers here pm me if you wanna get into 666klann.

• Advertisement

How very mature...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 cr6sk8

Oh and I'm a member of RCS which is Ramp City Skaters.

And Achilles just cause you're a 40 year old living with your mom don't **** with us

• Closed Accounts Posts: 175 ✭✭StJimmy

cr6sk8 wrote:

UEK/RFA/99 own all your gay asses.

No, sorry, I hate to tell you this but, you don't own any of us.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,268 ✭✭✭mountainyman

Achilles wrote:

That'd be a good idea.

MM

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,277 ✭✭✭✭Rb

cr6sk8 wrote:
    UEK is not a single person.
    It's a whole 2nd year class!!
    cr6sk8 wrote:
    No no, they don't. They own noone. Infact, they're so sad they spend their nights spraying crap on a wall and thinking of themselves as artists.
    cr6sk8 wrote:
    Stop messing with us I can tell you it will not be a good idea.
    ROFL. F*ck off.
    cr6sk8 wrote:
    666klann.
    Again, ROFL.
    How pathetic.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,406 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

Bambi wrote:
    County councils fund all sorts of community based pastimes...! who do you think puts playgrounds in parks and marks out football and GAA pitches?

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

zinc wrote:
    Yes because many people die from spray paint related incidents, and we all know graffiti artists are scumbags whose aim is to disturb society as much as possible.

We do....? No one asked me! I assume there's been scientific research you can point me too, of course, to back up your bu11sh1t?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 687 ✭✭✭scop

@Icky Poo its obvious the guy is being sarky, RCS by the way stands for Radicals, an English crew if anybody needed any proof that that bloke was a parody account.

To the guy above me, if you are a writer should you be mentioning it her or anywhere else? What you do is after all illegal ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 182 ✭✭zippo22

Ikky Poo2 wrote:
    County councils fund all sorts of community based pastimes...! who do you think puts playgrounds in parks and marks out football and GAA pitches?

And who do you think defaces them ?

(They call themselves "Taggers" because they can't spell " Delinquent".)

• Advertisement

zippo22 wrote:
    And who do you think defaces them ?

(They call themselves "Taggers" because they can't spell " Delinquent".)

My post was in reply to the person who said that he didn't expect the government to fund people's pastimes. I don't see the relevance of defacing.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement