Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Jap Import Auction

Options
  • 01-07-2005 7:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭

Does anyine have information on the auction of jap imports at Dublin Port???
    All I know is that they happen on a tues and thurs weekly........
    And the average price of any models
    thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭Farls

First I heard about these, i wouldn't mind a spin up to see what the going is like on them. You probably would have to pay a few hundred to get in too see whats happening though. Fully refundable i'm guessing though, well thats what happens over in England at them anyway.

Do you know the average price of any model, or do you want to know it???

Farlz

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭wailers_irl

I've you can just have a look around, think you need to pay a deposit to bid (obviously!) My mate said starlet GTs were goin for around 4-5k, not too sure how true that is now. There seems to be alot more peolpe selling jap imports around. Buyin for 4-5k and selling for 8-9k not bad profit even after paying the VRT!! I'd rather put another 5k into the car rather than give to a chancer.......

Not that I'd be buying a GT!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,949 ✭✭✭SouperComputer

hmm an FTO or Skyline would be nice for my 25th!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

Skyline be nice for my 22nd :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,949 ✭✭✭SouperComputer

anybody got contact details on this?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,402 ✭✭✭nxbyveromdwjpg

Dont know what you are on about down the port, no auctions down there that I've ever heard of, but there is a jap car auction most wednesdays at Merlin Car Auctions in Ashbourne ie: Wed 13th July and Wed 27th July "50 Newly arrived Jap Imports" - http://www.merlincarauctions.ie/contentv3/index.cfm?fuseaction=page&pageID=569

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,245 ✭✭✭drdre

i wouldnot mind the new wrx comin in 2006 i think. i seen the pics somewhere on the net they look class

• Closed Accounts Posts: 256 ✭✭$lash

Be warey of the Jap Cars at Merlin car auctions - A lot of these are low grade cars that the dealers themselves dont want to take on...

Advertisement