Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Warhammer online info

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭Venom

Drakar wrote:

Hopefully this time it will come out lol.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭entropi

Well, this time the company behind Dark Age of Camelot are behind it, so i bet it will turn out very well, probably just as popular as DAoC is.

• Registered Users Posts: 485 ✭✭Kare Bear

Might drag me off WoW :) .

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 603 ✭✭✭Prior Of Taize

It is WoW essentially tbh...except i would assume it would be far "darker" and more pvp orientated (maybe totally pvp orientated)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,257 ✭✭✭hairyheretic

As long as I get to play Chaos, I'll be happy.

Then I shall assemble all the Chaos players under my dark banners, and we shall sweep down from the Northern Wastes, putting all the Old World to sword and flame. :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 473 ✭✭toxick

Its Warhammer Fantasy? i would still play it but would prefer a good Warhammer 40k :)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,695 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

look at imperator it screams warhammer 40k

• Registered Users Posts: 998 ✭✭✭zekiel

I'm a massive fan of warhammer.. and this is one thing I just cant wait to play.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭entropi

BlitzKrieg wrote:
    look at imperator it screams warhammer 40k

Imperator got canned btw :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 Hannibal Lecter

hey

i got bad news according to my friend war hammer online has gone bankrupt :eek: :(

• Advertisement

hopefully my friend isnt right or i will go mad i've wanted to play dis all year since i heard it was coming out :D;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭Drakar

My friend says space aliens (are there any other kind?) are tracking us by collecting our fingernail clippings. Does your friend have a source for this? Warhammeronline was cancelled last year, but the rights are now owned by a different company (since May 05). Maybe that's what he meant?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,148 ✭✭✭✭Lemming

It is WoW essentially tbh...except i would assume it would be far "darker" and more pvp orientated (maybe totally pvp orientated)

Actualy Warhammer Online started development long before WoW ever ended up on a design board in someone's office. The original effort was canned by GW over budget concerns.

Drakar wrote:
    My friend says space aliens (are there any other kind?) are tracking us by collecting our fingernail clippings. Does your friend have a source for this? Warhammeronline was cancelled last year, but the rights are now owned by a different company (since May 05). Maybe that's what he meant?
    ye he seen it in a new war hemmer magazine :(:confused:

but hes prberly wrong ill kill him if hes wrong ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,276 ✭✭✭Memnoch

your friend is wrong.

Gaming mags tend to be a bit "behind the times" on this kind of fast shifting online news.

What he is talking about was the original warhammer online which was indeed canned.

THen Mythic entertainment bought the rights to it and have started work on it since just the past couple of months. Expect it to be finished this time arround.

Also the current "unofficial" hangout forums for the community are at www.warhammeronlineforum.com

Some interesting posts from the top wig at Mythic, Mark Jacobs, the man who will have the final say in how this iteration of the warhammer online universe turns out.

i wonder if they will have the same asetup as wow (different races...semi common classes) or will it be one race is a class itself..such as chaos being warriors...elves being crap and undead being also crap

• Registered Users Posts: 485 ✭✭Kare Bear

I hope the whole old world is included.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,388 ✭✭✭Cina

If Mythic are making it, it will be a lot better than WoW, just like DAoC was, and will actually have proper PvP. I'm looking forward to this one!

i really hope they dont do the whole shard server system. why not do it eve style with 13,000 people on the same server with no lag!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,276 ✭✭✭Memnoch

because in RvR games you have massive battles where ppl from an entire faction try to band together. Now it sounds nice in theory to have a battle with thousands of players, but err.... gg to your PC's FPS in that case

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭Playboy

i really hope they dont do the whole shard server system. why not do it eve style with 13,000 people on the same server with no lag!

lmao ... no lag in eve? Ever in a half decent battle in eve? its a nightmare if there is any kind of numbers.

Advertisement