Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

First day of work.....

• 01-07-2005 9:16pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,461 ✭✭✭

First day of work! On a busy service and in charge of 22 patients, we are on call and on take on sunday though which means I will work 36 hours straight AND have to care for probably 10-15 brand new patients who are all very unwell. Also we are down a team member so are doing the work of 3 between 2 people.

Monday will be the test to end all tests. I will be on my own with them all as the registrar is in a clinic all day. If I survive monday, anything is conquerable.

Worked 11 1/2 hours today! Beer tonight.......

Love the job!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,517 ✭✭✭optiplexgx270

Well worth creating a thread indeed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,381 ✭✭✭snorlax

i saw a new intern in portlaoise hospital today...was pounced on by some physios, i reckon he didn’t survive their mauling...but he looked like he was enjoying all the attention from the ladies..!

Indy you'll be fine, stop worrying, sure life is a test you gotta make the most of...!:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,461 ✭✭✭DrIndy

Second day tomorrow - 36 hours of it! Sucks, first time I have gone to bed at 8pm on a saturday since I had the flu 4 years ago! A few nurses like me now in St. James's, changed a couple patients from IV medicine to tablets since they are back eating. Patients REALLY like it too, no more stabs to put a new line in.....

im not going to bed till at least twelve tonight, heading off to Edinburgh in a few days if anyone knows anywhere nice to visit? im going on a ghost tour in Scotland but im not really looking forward to that as apparently people have seen ghosts and everything on this tour...:(!

John, once you get to know people your job will get easier.

Also, its probably like joining the Marines, eg you have to build up a tolerance to it but once youv done that the work becomes easier as you become more used to the routine etc..!
    iraq_marines_calendar.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,461 ✭✭✭DrIndy

Worked 34 hours yesterday/today. Slept about 3 hours in total. Wrecked. Bed.

• Advertisement

well youv gotta look after yourself before you can help others...!

im sure you'll get through it though!.. :cool:

(/edited-)

Advertisement