Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Finally!! I passed!! Now a few questions..

• 01-07-2005 10:07pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭

Hi all,

I just checked my line on the eircom and BT sites.. and I've passed!
    Was just out of passing interest, but I've longed for BB for months!
    (I'm not in LOS for IBB).

Anyway, I'm opting for BT BroadBand plus... the price and 6 month min contract won it for me... although seems to be a few problems re billing?
    Would I be better with Eircom... what clinchers do they have?
    (No NTL in my area btw)

Also, how easy is self installation? I dont fancy forking out an extra 140 quid just for someone else to do it.

All info much appreciated..... I sure hope to have some speed soon :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,858 ✭✭✭paulm17781

whiskeyman wrote:
    Also, how easy is self installation? I dont fancy forking out an extra 140 quid just for someone else to do it.

All info much appreciated..... I sure hope to have some speed soon :)

Self install is plug in a few wires. If you can put a plug in a wall you can do it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 458 ✭✭juliuspret

I have BT Broadband Plus.

Installation is a piece of cake as long as you have the wires sorted out before hand.
    Going wireless solves those problems though!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

juliuspret wrote:
    I have BT Broadband Plus.

Installation is a piece of cake as long as you have the wires sorted out before hand.
    Going wireless solves those problems though!

cheers. Just ordered online. Hope I hear back from them soon!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭beller b

whiskeyman wrote:
    You should do, I got mine in 9 days (thats 7 working days)

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,450 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

whiskeyman wrote:

In the meantime keep you line 'pure' dont plug in any cordless phones or anything like that until you have your bb installed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

dub45 wrote:
    In the meantime keep you line 'pure' dont plug in any cordless phones or anything like that until you have your bb installed.
    Aye, they do a secondary test before they enable your line to see if it passes. If it doesnt then I'm afraid they won't enable it.

Aye, they do a secondary test before they enable your line to see if it passes. If it doesnt then I'm afraid they won't enable it.

Seriously?
    I have a set of digital cordless phones on my line at the mo.
    Should I not use them on the line until they get back to me? I still have my old phone I could use if so.
    Just out of interest, how would such phones affect the line... and how it would affect the test?

Thanks for the tip if so. It seems to be only in the past month my line has passed, so I dont want the opportunity to be lost.

Thanks again :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 458 ✭✭juliuspret

Disconnect the the cordless phone basestation and plug the old phone back in.

Best to just keep it simple as failing this test could put you in DSL purgatory for another month!!!

juliuspret wrote:
    Disconnect the the cordless phone basestation and plug the old phone back in.

Best to just keep it simple as failing this test could put you in DSL purgatory for another month!!!
    yikes!! Thats mad!
    Thanks a mil for the info again.
    Now, where'd I put that heap of junk?......

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,450 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

whiskeyman wrote:
    yikes!! Thats mad!
    Thanks a mil for the info again.
    Now, where'd I put that heap of junk?......

It actually happened to a friend of mine line was passing all the time applied for bb bought a cordless phone and t hen they told him line was not passing!!!!

• Advertisement
Advertisement