Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Black Metal

Options
  • 01-07-2005 11:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 46

Any one here like balck metal and do you no any where that that sort of music is played?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭Mystic Fibrosis

Norway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43 006

my room is the only other place i know where they play it, besides norway!

darkthrone,satyricon,windir,bathory,akercocke,emperor,burzum.ich leibe

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

I used to be a huge fan, but not so much any more. Most of the best bands split up, such as Emperor and Immortal, and a lot of the bands that are left are just spewing the same crap out and complain about what's "True" (Stand up Darkthrone), so there's a lot of ****ty clones rehashing the same junk that was done 10 years ago, and nobody is progressing.

There's a few bands left that are doing absolutely phenominal things, like Enslaved and Arcturus, but barring that, the whole black metal scene is utterly barren.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 371 ✭✭Beer is Life

006 wrote:
    my room is the only other place i know where they play it, besides norway!

darkthrone,satyricon,windir,bathory,akercocke,emperor,burzum.ich leibe
    If you bothered to leave your house once in a while, you would discover a LOAD of Irish black metal bands. Get out and go to gigs. Check out www.metalireland.com and www.emeraldpromotions.8m.com for gig dates and ****

• Registered Users Posts: 5,618 ✭✭✭Civilian_Target

There was a great black metal gig in the voodoo lounge on Friday. Mighty craic altogether!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 371 ✭✭Beer is Life

By the way lurch, Deathcrush suck!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 red_herring

As Beer Is Life says, if you look hard enough there is actually quite a big Irish extreme metal scene at the moment. Bands like Mourning Beloveth, Old Season and Geasa are all starting to get big recognition in Europe and some of these, among others, are regularly playing gigs at the voodoo lounge.

Top Black Metal bands who are still going:
    Thus Defiled
    Enslaved
    Deathspell Omega
    Absu

• Registered Users Posts: 3,373 ✭✭✭Executive Steve

geasa are awesome.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭DOD Crew

Black Metal in Co Laois this weekend.

Rotting Christ headlining Day of Darkness www.dayofdarkness.com

• Closed Accounts Posts: 163 ✭✭BleakestH

Don't forget Romania's Negura Bunget who are playing here in October, excellent band!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭odranCN

that metalireland site dont have cerberus or celtic punch on it..... what the fudge?
    cerberus are brilliant and celtic punch got the biggest pit ever goin in waterford... they had moshers beatin the bejaysus outta security n the likes

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 girlgonerong

omg dat metalireland site as no bands from ross i bet half de band s on it sux!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

omg dat metalireland site as no bands from ross i bet half de band s on it sux!!

:confused:
    What's that in English?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,592 ✭✭✭Ancient1

I guess the transition from texting to typing has been a challenge to her. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,618 ✭✭✭Civilian_Target

:confused:
    What's that in English?

Don't they have an rtrd -> English translator on After Hours ;)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 203 ✭✭jptk

There are some cool new black metal bands. check out "xasthur" Its been called suicide black metal

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭Mystic Fibrosis

jptk wrote:
    Its been called suicide black metal

:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 242 ✭✭Chaos_Path

jptk wrote:
    There are some cool new black metal bands. check out "xasthur" Its been called suicide black metal

they must have a really non existent fanbase, in that case.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭Dathai

In the last 2 years or so Ive started listening more to Ildjarn.His stuff is fúcking deadly.The ambient work is just...*drools* . Check him out.Ive heard Xasthur, nothing too special tbh.
    Indeed, Enslaved do rock.
    Ive started listening to more Krieg also, finding his stuff alot better than Judas Iscariot's work whom he helped out quite a bit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,554 ✭✭✭herobear

BleakestH wrote:
    Don't forget Romania's Negura Bunget who are playing here in October, excellent band!

they are excellent! really looking forward to them coming

• Advertisement
Advertisement