Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Another Boards Debate: Digital Piracy

Options
  • 01-07-2005 11:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,885 ✭✭✭

Is there enough interested parties out there for another boards debate? I propose a motion something along the lines of Digital Piracy Right or Wrong (though worded more eloquently).

Many posters on boards earn a living from the industries most effected by piracy and yet many other posters on boards Im sure download gigs of pirated stuff every month.

I think it would make an interesting topic and IMO it would be easier to argue both sides (I wouldn’t of liked the job of opposing the smoking ban).

I know that organising the last debate was very time consuming, maybe if the Admins / Smods / Someone else acted as judges rather than getting celebrities it would be easier.

I dunno, I haven’t a clue what the Admins schedules are like atm or what level of interest is out there. If a debate does go ahead, with this motion or any other, Id like to be involved.
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭flogen

yeah, would be all for seeing another debate, didn't pay half as much attention to the last one as I would have liked, but maybe that's because I had made my mind up already.

The topic seems interesting, there's a lot to be said on both sides alright.

Harrumph

• Registered Users Posts: 3,312 ✭✭✭mr_angry

Great idea. Its quite a hot topic at the moment. The topic of the debate would have to be very carefully defined to avoid going off-topic though, and it might be difficult to find people willing to debate on the side of the record industry.

I for one would love to take part though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,299 ✭✭✭Sandals

I am in favour of digital piracy and would debate for it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

mr_angry wrote:
    Great idea. Its quite a hot topic at the moment. The topic of the debate would have to be very carefully defined to avoid going off-topic though, and it might be difficult to find people willing to debate on the side of the record industry.

I for one would love to take part though.
    Here, here. I for one would like to see exactly why people think they deserve to get anything for nothing included (because I want to, or because I can not being legitimate reasons).

Advertisement