Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Favourite Summon

Options
  • 02-07-2005 12:07am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,688 ✭✭✭

Right we've had a favourite everything else so what is you favourite summon in all the games?

For functionality I'd say Knights of the Round but for bling-bling effect I really liked Odin in IX and one of the Bahamut incarnations in VII although I'm not sure which.

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,097 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

odin or alexander!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,561 ✭✭✭Rhyme

Ill stick with m favourite all through the entire series... Shiva

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,402 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Zero Bahamut.

Hated the FFVIII ones. They just wouldn't end.

Although not as visually impressive, I loved the handling of the summons in FFX.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭Citizen_Erased

Couldnt you set them to short?

Thats a tough one , Anima in X was cool cause he knosk the sh1t out of stuff.
    Probably I could go on but I'll leave it at that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,122 ✭✭✭The Free Man

Neo Bahamut, because i sorta look like him.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭amazingemmet

I'll have to go for odin when he done steel edge sword in vii

• Registered Users Posts: 3,688 ✭✭✭grimloch

Couldnt you set them to short?

Thats a tough one , Anima in X was cool cause he knosk the sh1t out of stuff.
    Probably I could go on but I'll leave it at that.

Didn't think they could be set to short becasue there was the tapping square business to make them more powerful.

Anima was great, Oblivion was fantastic.

Oh yeah , forgot about that . That was actually a cool system , cause when you really needed it you had to work for it.

Yeah it was really handy. It could backfire like there was no tomorrow though, you'd be furiously pounding the button and then you press it at the wrong time and the summon ended up doing crappy damage.

Thats a tough one , Anima in X was cool cause he knosk the sh1t out of stuff
    ...she

• Advertisement

:confused: Does it say that in the game??? God , I gotta listen more.

Is that
    Seymour's mother?
    Must pay better attention.

Oh yeah , thats right. Funny how one thing can make you remember so much...

grimloch wrote:
    Is that
    Seymour's mother?
    Must pay better attention.
    Aye, the medallion around Anima's neck is the subtle giveaway for people who've not played through

Rhyme wrote:
    Aye, the medallion around Anima's neck is the subtle giveaway for people who've not played through

Yet another element of the game that escaped me, never gave that medallion a second look.

I tended to like the summons alot in X, the intro scenes for them didn't impress me but I liked the way you could control them like your own characters.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,217 ✭✭✭Matthewthebig

I played the game through and i don't remember the Aenima thingy

also does anyone remember the alternate versions there were of summons in 7?

Yeah that falling fat choco was brilliant.
    Odins just rocked when he actually cut them too.
    What were the other ones again?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,217 ✭✭✭Matthewthebig

They were the ony 2 i saw. Does anyone know what caused them? As they were rare enough

• Registered Users Posts: 485 ✭✭Kare Bear

Bahamut in ffviii was done really well.

They were the ony 2 i saw. Does anyone know what caused them? As they were rare enough

It was only Odin and Choco/Mog that had alternate attacks in that game. The alternate attack for Choco/Mog was random. Odin's alternate depended on the enemies you were fighting, the normal monsters get the Zantetsuiken(sp) but against the more powerful fellas he'd use the Gunge Lance, I think.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,573 ✭✭✭Infini

I liked Bahamut and Zero Bahamut in 7.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,766 ✭✭✭Reku

grimloch wrote:
    It was only Odin and Choco/Mog that had alternate attacks in that game. The alternate attack for Choco/Mog was random. Odin's alternate depended on the enemies you were fighting, the normal monsters get the Zantetsuiken(sp) but against the more powerful fellas he'd use the Gunge Lance, I think.
    From personal experience I think it's just down to whether the summon will inflict enough damage on it's own to kill all the monsters you're facing, as a result it tends to only work with weaker monsters but it's good to see some variation. Can't say for certain for ChocoMog but I've never had it happen against anything but weak monsters so I assume that it's the same as Odin.

My favourite summon was Zero Bahamut (or any of the 3 Bahamut summons) in FF7, kinda liked Ifrit too.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭entropi

My favourite controllable one, probably Bahamut.. don't matter what variation of him it is , non controllable i would go with Gilgamesh in FFXIII.

Although Alexander is pretty cool :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,268 ✭✭✭Zapho

From VIII my favourite would be Cactuar. I dunno, I just think he's funny
    Then from IX it would be bahamut, he's looks class in that.And my
    all time favourite would have to be Shiva. I liked her in every one of the
    games!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,327 ✭✭✭kawaii

I'm gonna go with Leviathan in FFVIII.

I dunno, he just looks so cool. Maybe that's just me... :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 631 ✭✭✭Glipmac

Doomtrain Ruled All!!!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 77 ✭✭Mist

Odin
    or
    Ifrit (His roar was terrifying!)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,387 ✭✭✭Cina

In terms of summons I think VIII was a cut above the other games. There were so many great ones .. Bahamut, Leviathan, Cactaur, Tonberry, Brothers ... my favourite of all would have to be Eden though, simply astonishing graphics in 1999. I remember looking at the summon in awe.

In VII I'd go with Bahamut Zero or Odin. KoTR was an awesome summon but boring to watch.

Dunno about IX .. Bahamut and Alexander are obviously the ones that stand out above the rest, mainly cause half the game is centered on them.

X had some good summons aswell, Anima and Magus Sisters were awesome. I also liked Yojimbo.

Overall though it has to be Eden!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40 Galway22

I liked all the summons in Final Fantasy X, but i liked ifirte and valefor in x the best.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 45,594 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

In Final Fantasy VIII in a battle with Seifer I called on Odin and Seifer killed him and Squall started shouting "Nooooo!" and then near to the end of the fight, Odin returned except he looked like some sort of super, Uber Odin! He then ended up helping me to defeat Seifer.

Did anyone else experience this? How many different Odins were there? :confused:

Advertisement