Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2 player games pc

Options
  • 02-07-2005 12:42am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,299 ✭✭✭

Do they exist I cant find much on play.com any recommendations play say that fifa is 1 player is that true?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,653 ✭✭✭steviec

I play FIFA multiplayer on PC. I'd recommend the PS2 to USB converter Play.com sell. If you just have a keyboard then I'd assume it's just one player.

Other two player games on PC I've played are Madden and TOCA Race Driver 2. And hot seat mode of championship manager or Alpha Centauri(not sure if Civ 3 has this?) if you're really patient. I'm sure there's others but it's usually only console conversions. PC games are generally only multiplayer over a network since this is how PCs are commonly used and most people dont have joypads for them.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

I play the following games as two player with PS2 controllers using USB converters.

Pro Evolution Soccer 4(Fifa is ****e compared to it)
    NHL 2005
    Rugby 2005

If you find anymore, tell me :)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,400 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Get yourself some emulators of the old consoles and arcade games. There are some fantastic 2-4 player games on them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,299 ✭✭✭Sandals

steviec wrote:
    I play FIFA multiplayer on PC. I'd recommend the PS2 to USB converter Play.com sell. If you just have a keyboard then I'd assume it's just one player.

Yeah I ordered that converter a few days ago but cant find any cheap games on play.com to use it with

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭Citizen_Erased

Yeah we got one of those PS2 controller adaptors , great for NBA , FIFA , nfsu and lots of games you would see on a console aswell as PC.

• Advertisement

Retr0gamer wrote:
    Get yourself some emulators of the old consoles and arcade games. There are some fantastic 2-4 player games on them.

Thats a good suggestion. Lots of brilliant games to play.

steviec wrote:
    Thats a good suggestion. Lots of brilliant games to play.

Ok and I am a bit of a novice, how do i get an emulator?

Sandals wrote:
    Ok and I am a bit of a novice, how do i get an emulator?

Start here:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=94

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,400 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Go to www.zophar.net for all your emulator needs. Best ones to get are:

zsnes: for snes
    Gens: For Megadrive
    Mame: For arcade games
    Callus: Quite a nice emulator for capcom arcade games (most of which are great for 2 player
    Project 64: For N64 (only a few games are near perfect but the main ones are including mario kart 64)
    ePSXe: playstation

Can't tell you where to find roms since it's against charter rules but i'm sure a search will get some results.

Retr0gamer wrote:
    Go to www.zophar.net for all your emulator needs. Best ones to get are:

zsnes: for snes
    Gens: For Megadrive
    Mame: For arcade games
    Callus: Quite a nice emulator for capcom arcade games (most of which are great for 2 player
    Project 64: For N64 (only a few games are near perfect but the main ones are including mario kart 64)
    ePSXe: playstation

Can't tell you where to find roms since it's against charter rules but i'm sure a search will get some results.

THanks man thats fantastic

• Advertisement

If you like streets of rage type games then i advise you check out most of the Capcom games especially Alien vs. Predator, Final Fight, Punisher, the Dungeons and Dragons games and Konami's Simpsons arcade game (still the best simpsons game) all of which work great on mame.

Edit: Gunstar Heroes on the megadrive is the mac daddy of two player games.

Advertisement