Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Comercial PSP games from memmory stick

Options
  • 02-07-2005 12:45am
    Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Somone got Lumnies running (minus the sound) off of a memmory stick. All it requires is a couple of files and any genuine UMD game (its used to boot or somthing).

Im shocked at how easily hackers are getting around all of Sonys controls and security. A few more months and it will be a very soldid home brew dev and emulation machine. There is at least a NES emu for it last I checked (im not really keeping tabs on it atm though).

http://www.joystiq.com/entry/1234000677049008/

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,653 ✭✭✭steviec

The NES and GB emulators are nearly perfect at this stage. SNES emulator is getting more playable by the day too. And there's emulators for the equivalent Sega machines too. Problem is that Sony are starting to put Mandatory firmware upgrades in their new games and these add extra layers of security. At the moment I'd rather stick with the homebrew than buy any of those new games, but when something like GTA comes out it might be a different story.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,639 ✭✭✭[nicK]

the guys at team executer now have it running without the need for a umd in the drive...

however, lumines is the only game that will work using this system as it lacks a few of the security checks used in more recent games..

although, sony were well aware that this kinda thing may happen, hence the forced firmware upgrades..

• Registered Users Posts: 8,225 ✭✭✭Ciaran500

But if they do the loader right they might be able to bypass the mandatory firmware upgrade, unless they start adding features to the firmware that the games need.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,685 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

the whole premise of downloading and playing roms and listening to mp3s has been the only appealling element to the psp for me to get one...so meh.

Advertisement