Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Installation Nightmare

Options
  • 02-07-2005 12:56am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,639 ✭✭✭

I've had the biggest nightmare trying to install this game, every time i've tried to do so the discs say something about my c: drive possibly being out of memory even though there's 80gbs to spare. I brought the first copy i bought back to gamestop as i thought the discs were counterfeit cos disc one didn't even read so i bought another copy in xtravision, disc one was grand as was disc two but disc three froze on "installing base.mpq".
    It can't be my hardware as i'm an AMD 3000+, 512mb ram, 128mb gfx card. I just don't know what the story is?!

Has anyone else had severe problems installing the thing?!?!?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭DRakE

Mine just took a while.. that was all..

Keep trying? Probably your computer in some way, can't imagine you getting two dodgy discs from different stores.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 Gerpir Feilan

OMG !!
    Why U buy the game twice :D !!
    Use scandisk mayby U got some problem with lost clusters. Thats very common. Thats why info lies U about fee disk space.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,051 ✭✭✭BKtje

could you try installing a different game and see if its the disks or the pc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,639 ✭✭✭Laguna

Nah i brought the ****er back and have ordered Guild Wars off the net instead. Shame really, I SO wanted to play the damn thing but alas...

Any of you chaps know anyone who plays Guild Wars and if it's any good?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭Drakar

There's a few posts back on the Massively Multiplayer board with Irish Guild Wars players and a guild methinks. Have a look there. The Arena bit is good, I'm not a huge fan of the rest of it though...

• Advertisement
Advertisement