Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Flash under HTML [boards.ie adverts]

Options
  • 02-07-2005 5:10am
    Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭

As per this thread.

Anyone have any ideas how to stop Flash banner adverts from breaking the dopdown menu above? /\

I've done a few tests with flash that have some sort of html overlapping it and any html that overlaps is suddenly destroyed by a Flash nextframe call. Any sort of animated flash object will poke through an html object above it.

Seeing as some banner adverts on boards are flash banners - this will always destroy the dropdown menu when the dropdown drops over the animated flash object.

Any ideas anyone?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,517 ✭✭✭axer

apparently this is how you fix your problem.
    You need to make your flash transparent.
    If that doesnt work then you have to put the flash adverts into iframes.
    good luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭leftofcentre

I think you need to change the zindex level. The z index controls the order of layers on a page, so you set the banner at a lower index level, at set the menu at a higher level.

Was think ad a standard flash ad, or a drop down flash ad?

For my sins I done ad server for 5 years, so give me a shout if you want a hand.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

That seems to work for me (the html coding at least). I've mentioned it here. Thanks axer.

Advertisement