Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

2k sp4 update needed!

• 02-07-2005 9:07am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 919 ✭✭✭

Just installed 2k and updated with sp4 and all is well, except on the net i get a message about problems with the pc and i should go to a website to fix them. Its just on ok button or the x in the top cornor. Now its not one of those pretty pop-ups that we all get its like a net send message and i know it can be sorted by an updated from microsoft, but i would be downloading for hours to find the right one, so i was hoping someone might know which one it is to save me alot of time and a big announce.

Thanks
    Timeout

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 794 ✭✭✭formatman

www.windowsupdate.com

it will scan your PC and tell you the critical and no criticl patches you require , you can choose which ones to download so your not a day on the day if you just have a dial up connection

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,522 ✭✭✭irishgeo

timeout wrote:
    Just installed 2k and updated with sp4 and all is well, except on the net i get a message about problems with the pc and i should go to a website to fix them. Its just on ok button or the x in the top cornor. Now its not one of those pretty pop-ups that we all get its like a net send message and i know it can be sorted by an updated from microsoft, but i would be downloading for hours to find the right one, so i was hoping someone might know which one it is to save me alot of time and a big announce.

Thanks
    Timeout

Go start , run , services.msc and scroll down and stop the messenger and set it to disabled. all it does is send network messgaes for companies. No use in a home situation.

Alos get your self a firewall as know you dont have one when you are getting these messages.

go to windows uodate and download the 32mb patch of security updates.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 919 ✭✭✭timeout

Thanks that sorted it, i'll get the patches over the next week.

Timeout

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 92,385 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

There is a new 31.1 MB patch rollout for 2K SP4 KB891861

Update Rollup 1 for Windows 2000 SP4
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/891861 June 27 2005

Advertisement