Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Metoer offer

Options
  • 02-07-2005 12:12pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,858 ✭✭✭

I just a Meteor add on the side of a bus. "5c text or talk" must be the new offer. Nothing about it on the webiste yet.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,425 ✭✭✭digitally-yours

i think you shud travel more often in bus :D
    paulm17781 wrote:
    I just a Meteor add on the side of a bus. "5c text or talk" must be the new offer. Nothing about it on the webiste yet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,245 ✭✭✭drdre

yah i also seen this on loads of buses around town.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,688 ✭✭✭grimloch

Ha! I wasn't just imagining things, I saw it in town but I wasn't too inclined to chase after the bus to find out the subtler details.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,858 ✭✭✭paulm17781

You've see talk & text ? How long has this been around? Have I been blind? :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,082 ✭✭✭Tobias Greeshman

I think what your on about is 5c calls (to other Meteor phones), I recently moved to Meteor and they've offered them to me, but they're only valid for 6-8 months I think. Its basically just to get people off the free texts. Apparantly once you accept them, you lose your free texts, or so I've heard anyway!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,858 ✭✭✭paulm17781

silas wrote:
    I think what your on about is 5c calls (to other Meteor phones), I recently moved to Meteor and they've offered them to me, but they're only valid for 6-8 months I think. Its basically just to get people off the free texts. Apparantly once you accept them, you lose your free texts, or so I've heard anyway!

That's what I mean, it's now 5c calls OR 5c texts.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

New offer is 150 texts for e7.50. So that's 5c each.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 47 mivec

yep starting monday you choose or as far as i know you can actually have both

Another thing to sort out, although if I'm given the choice I'll take the 5c texts over my current 5c calls.

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭Celticwarrior

mivec wrote:
    yep starting monday you choose or as far as i know you can actually have both
    Whats the story with those on the meteor free texts offer?
    Could we get the text bundles without losing our free texts offer?

• Advertisement

I reckon the best thing for this situation is a trip and an enquiry in the Meteor shop tomorrow when I'm in near it.

As mentioned they might be trying to get people off the free texts thing with 5c texts and calls.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 138 ✭✭Mr-X

If you get a text bundle you loose your free texts for life, the text bundles start from tomorrow 7.50e for 150 text and you have 30 days to use them, they do not carry after that.

To get them text text bundle to 50104

• Closed Accounts Posts: 349 ✭✭Burago

If you have the free text offer be careful about signing up for other offers, if you go for the text bundles or the 5c calls you will never get the free texts back.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭jay-me

It seems they are at the same thing again.

Choose 5c Calls or FREE Texts

Free Meteor to Meteor texts OR 5c per minute Meteor to Meteor calls

Two amazing offers from Meteor - you choose which suits you!

FREE METEOR TO METEOR TEXTS
    Are you a texter? You now have until the January 1st 2010 to sign up for Free Meteor-to-Meteor texts. If you haven't already signed up -then do so now. Sign up for Free Meteor to Meteor texts here .

5C PER MINUTE METEOR TO METEOR CALLS
    Are you a talker? 5c calls are back! Make sure you don't miss out on 5c per min Meteor-to-Meteor calls This great rate will apply 24 hours a day 7 days a week. Sign up before January 1st 2010 to avail of this great offer. Sign up for 5c per minute Meteor to Meteor calls here.

YOU CHOOSE
    You can switch between promotions, but each time you switch you will need to top up by €20 in one go to activate the new promotion. You can't avail of both the free text promotion and the 5c per minute calls promotion at the one time.

Considering I am already on the free meteor to meteor calls does this mean I will lose this when their new tariffs come in? Or can I continue with the offer I am on once I don't change?

Also I realise this is an old thread but I thought I would use it as it covers the same topic.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

That add on has been available on the international PayG package for years. It's not coming back to the Anytime Choice, as far as I'm aware. I can't see what you posted on their site, just this.

http://www.meteor.ie/plans/pay_as_you_go/international_call_rates/anytime_international/free_sms_5c_calls/

Advertisement