Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

cant get spa 2100 wrkin?

• 02-07-2005 2:36pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 839 ✭✭✭

i got my spa 2100 today and i can't get it working when i plug it into the router my net coenction stops working or when i plug it in between the modem and router it still dosen't work. Anyone any ideas?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,042 ✭✭✭kaizersoze

Excuse my ignorance :o
    Whats an spa 2100

• Closed Accounts Posts: 839 ✭✭✭zap

sry this shud b in the VOIP forum, my mistake. An SPA 2100 is ATA for turning an ordinary phone into an IP phone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 295 ✭✭paddy

i think it's a Voip phone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 458 ✭✭juliuspret

Is this it:

www.sipura.com/products/spa2100.htm

????

Where did you get it from and how much €€€???

that's the one, got it off blueface,

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭spartacus93

juliuspret wrote:
    Is this it:

www.sipura.com/products/spa2100.htm

????

Where did you get it from and how much €€€???

Yep, Blueface.ie for 130 ish, well the 3000 is 130, great little machine. It should work out of the box if you did get it from blueface. Just plug it into one of the 4 ports on the back of the router. I had to change the default gateway ip on mine, but i think dat's just a digiweb issue. Maybe you could give us a bit more information.....

ok i plugged it into my router the status light on the back of the spa is orange, when i try and use the phone nothing happens, i can't access the spa on 192.168.0.1 any ideas?

This probably doesn't help bu mine came with a different ip. It says 192.168.0.1 in the manual but mine was set to 192.168.0.101 . Other than that is your router set to assign an ip address to devices? Try plug it directly into your computer first

tried both didn't work.ye the router is DHCP. Tried plugging into computer.

ok checked the ip leases on my router the spa is on 192.168.123.101 which is in the same range as all my other ips so that should be fine, but pings timeout and i cannot connect to it. when i pick up the handset i now get a dial tone but when i dial a number, it goes dead.

• Advertisement

Can you get to the configuration thingy over the phone? Dial star star star star

yes, it says enter option number followed by pound which i am assuming is hash, so what option do i enter?

> got it working wahooo

ok now the dial tone is gone again, i didn;t touch anything.

I tried plugging the spa directly into the modem by itself and it worked, but as soon as I plugged in the router it stopped working and there is now way I can get it working behind the router,

Advertisement