Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sobering - everyone should read this

Options
  • 02-07-2005 2:50pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 11,848 ✭✭✭✭

This is dealing with the aftermath of the Judas Priest trial in Reno, which a lot of you may not remember, where supposed subliminal messages caused two guys to shoot themselves and the sickening witch hunt which followed. Amazingly, this story is entirely real and it's hard to gauge whether the sad life and death of those two guys or the reaction of their families is the real tragedy.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 485 ✭✭Kare Bear

I doubt theres any subliminal "messages" in those songs.Total ****e tbh,there was something wrong with the two kids in the first place.Its really sad though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 214 ✭✭rancheros

trippen on that stuff they were smoking, i'd say

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,848 ✭✭✭✭Doctor J

There were no subliminal messages but, at the time, there was a real threat of Judas Priest getting convicted, which if you try to visualise that now, is ****ing insane.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,586 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

Jeez, R Kelly is much more likely to make someone shoot oneself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

Did anything similar ever happen to Johnny Cash?

I'm wondering if anyone ever shot a man in Reno just to watch him die because of Fulsome Prison Blues...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,790 ✭✭✭cornbb

If you play Another One Bites The Dust by Queen you can hear the words "Its fun to smoke marijuana" :) If you play enough stuff backwards I'm sure you can hear anything you want...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭Töpher

Incredible really, I can't get over people trying to make money and ruin other peoples lives because of the actions of their children - while completely intoxicated. How can you pin it on something as absurd as "subliminal messages" when they'd been smoking and drinking all day, and from all accounts weren't the most normal of people? I feel sorry for the families, because they are either money grabbing bastards, or actually believe that their children were brain-washed into killing themselves by a rock band. (Why would a band do that? Who's gonna buy your records if yoru fans all top themselves?! :))

• Registered Users Posts: 2,592 ✭✭✭Ancient1

Only two words come to mind in relation to this farce:

American imbeciles.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,586 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

Hear hear, although its not restricted to americans, unfortunately.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 953 ✭✭✭superconor

They got proved innocent when Rob Halford got a random tape and said to the judge and jury when i play this backwards you will hear "I asked for a peppermint, i asked for her to get one" and when he played it backwards it did indeed sound like that so the judge realized what a load of pants it was. Sad that it came to that though.

• Advertisement
Advertisement