Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The secrets EA didn't want you to find...

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 485 ✭✭Kare Bear

If only they gave it a few more months.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,324 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

It kinda suggests that the new supplyline mode might be resurrected in a forthcoming patch. I'd like to see that 128 player mode, one way or another, just for the chaos of it all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

sekrits.JPG

Expansion Pack Special Forces or the coolest patch ever.

Look at team names SAS MESC and other night was Spetnaz and French ninja team whos name escapes me.

kdjac

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,912 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ponster

supplyline mode could be just so sexy.....

It could be the tatics of ET in BF2 !

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,324 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

KdjaC wrote:

Expansion Pack Special Forces or the coolest patch ever.

Look at team names SAS MESC and other night was Spetnaz and French ninja team whos name escapes me.

kdjac

Note the version no. 2447. Retail BF2 is 2442, so this is at least a partially patched edition.

• Advertisement

Spear wrote:
    Note the version no. 2447. Retail BF2 is 2442, so this is at least a partially patched edition.

Theres a patched server running 2442.110 testing all week on same server clusters.

I reckon this is what Dice Canada are working on as the 4 maps in rotation were meant to be in BF2. But if its only special forces it would need smaller maps i would imagine.

kdjac

• Registered Users Posts: 8,023 ✭✭✭youcancallmeal

What exactly is this 'supply line' game mode?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,912 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ponster

Supply Line recreates the sensation of having a frontline which goes back and forward as you attack and retreat on the map. You can't just get any old map but a specific sequence of maps so it's clear who is winning/losing based on the map position.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,023 ✭✭✭youcancallmeal

Ponster wrote:
    Supply Line recreates the sensation of having a frontline which goes back and forward as you attack and retreat on the map. You can't just get any old map but a specific sequence of maps so it's clear who is winning/losing based on the map position.

That sounds pretty good actually, will they ever implement it though...

That sounds pretty good actually, will they ever implement it though...

Dont have to can be done with the python scripts

www.python.org and do it yourself or wait till some clever modder does it.

Called tug of war in other games, MOdders made a cool version for MOHAA where there was 3 maps to win the round you had to win all 3 maps in a row, if not you went back a map etc:

UT2004 has another version of it on one map, good idea but can be annoying if you lose the map really quickly as it would load the previous map.

kdjac

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭MrTimewalk

I figured they we're in there, if you look at the 64 player maps there's still an aweful lot of red zone on them, I can't imagine the map designers would have put terrain in there if it wasn't going to be used. I suspect the 128 will be added as a patch sometime.

One thing I do miss is Capture the flag! really enjoyed that in DCX

• Registered Users Posts: 485 ✭✭Kare Bear

I hope they dont put 128 player maps in.Would be a total mess .:(

Not many servers would bother to handle it anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,285 ✭✭✭Smellyirishman

Even as it is, I wish the 64 player maps were actually the 32 player ones, and the current 32 player maps had one spawn removed. The fighting is just not concentrated enough for my liking. There is rarely any point in actually defending a point.

Advertisement