Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

PIKAONE FLYCASE SLIM portable hdd

Options
  • 02-07-2005 7:10pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 249 ✭✭

Just bought this hoping to use it to play mp3s on my stereo thru its usb port, however it needs a second usb for power too, it can also use a 5V DC power supply, anyone know if i could get a car adapter for the cigar lighter??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,464 ✭✭✭✭Alun

How's that gonna work then? This is just a hard disk, not an mp3 player, so unless you already have a car mp3 player that also has a usb connector for an external hard disk (does such a thing exist?) then it isn't going to help you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 249 ✭✭falteringstar

my stereo has a usb conector and\it plays mp3s off disks, mp3 players and exrternal storage devices. and hopfully this one if i can power it

• Registered Users Posts: 21,464 ✭✭✭✭Alun

Ok, sorry, I didn't realise such things existed for the car stereo market :) What make/model is it BTW?

Anyway, a 5V DC power supply from a 12V lighter socket shouldn't be too difficult to source I would have thought. Good luck.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 249 ✭✭falteringstar

Goodmans GCE 7205USB

Advertisement