Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Summer Sales and a Freebie!

Options
  • 02-07-2005 7:26pm
    Subscribers Posts: 9,716 ✭✭✭

In case you aren't aware, the summer sales are on in Dublin a few weeks ago and prices for anime have hit the reasonable level in shops.

Notably, HMV are currently offloading Akira, End of Eva, Ghost in the Shell, Macross Plus, Cowboy Bebop the Movie and others for 10.99 each. Quite a nice deal and I've bought 'em all :)
    You can also get volumes of Ghost in the Shell: Standalone Complex for roughly the same price iirc.

An interesting little nugget I discovered today in town (Dublin): you can get Tokyopop's "Sneaks" - a manga comprised of snippets of Tokyopop's manga collection - for free, yes FREE, just by asking for it at the Information Desk in Easons on O'Connell street. Not too shabby :)

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,098 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

if only i lived near HMV ....thanks for the info though

• Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭Scratch Acid

CuLT wrote:
    You can also get volumes of Ghost in the Shell: Standalone Complex for roughly the same price iirc.

Aye, it's Volumes 1 and 2 for 10.99.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

Play.com are doing a big summer sale at the moment too.

http://www.play.com/play247.asp?page=promo&r=R2&id=843&salegenre=Anime&pa=sale

All 7 volumes of Full Metal Panic are £7.99 each. That works out at about €83 for the lot. Also there's a Voltron dvd for a fiver, gonna buy that as soon as I get paid, it's been a long time since I saw Voltron.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 113 ✭✭Raziel

Chank you vewy mulsch, Cult!! :)

I should really snap up SAC at that price! And I'll be asking in Easons for that Tokyopop sampler! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 113 ✭✭Raziel

Tower Records also have a lot of decent anime a reasonable price, now!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

Yep. Tower is even cheaper again.

Akira
    Ghost in the Shell
    Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex 1
    Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex 2
    Macross Plus
    And some other stuff that's a bit naff (namely Urotosukodoji) all for just €7.99 each.

Lots of other good prices too... I got Tokyo Godfathers for €13.99. I also got Azumi for the same price too (well, it's based on a manga.)

/\/\

To add to that, all volumes of Gasarki are 10.99 and Fruits Basket 16.99.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭Art_Wolf

Right so - this now demands a visit either at lunch or after work!

/\/\

To add to that, all volumes of Gasarki are 10.99 and Fruits Basket 16.99.
    In Tower? Fruits Basket was €29.99 in there on Saturday anyway and they only had one volume.

Yep. I was in there yesterday and it's 16.99. Volume 1 that is. I was sure I'd seen a couple of the other volumes in there at some point also.

• Advertisement

Yep. I was in there yesterday and it's 16.99. Volume 1 that is. I was sure I'd seen a couple of the other volumes in there at some point also.
    I'll have to pop in again so.

Although I already have all of Fruits Basket.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,889 ✭✭✭evad_lhorg

yea go to tower. HMV is a rip offno matter what.

7.99 for Ghost in the shell, ninja scroll ultimate collection, akira ultimate collection, 10.99 for metropolis, and lots more for 7.99 - 13.99

Advertisement