Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Add Community.. dod

• 18-07-2001 11:13am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,946 ✭✭✭

i just thought it would be a nice idea to get a dod community board.
    i know that there is at least 2 irish dod servers, AICSL and Radox, and in the near future Ireland CS1.1 servers will have a DOD server aswell.
    Its a great game and i think that it would be a good idea to get a place to post and then make a few irish clans, as we are in short supply atm.

Red.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,136 ✭✭✭Bob the Unlucky Octopus

It's definately getting bigger in Ireland, it's already huge on the UK scene, and even bigger in Europe. There is an Irish clan, RaDoX, run by Cleg and myself- currently in summer hibernation. Check it out at:
    http://www.clanradox.com/dod

We're entering for the European Theater of Operations (ETO) campaign- possibly the most ambitious tournament structure EVER attempted online. I'll post the official URL for it (it's somewhere on Bunkers DoD site if you dig around a bit) sometime soon.

We're still recruiting, and basically looking for players who aren't muppets, who are willing to work as a team and accept a role in the clan and stick to it- since that's pretty much what ETO is going to be about.

Current members include: Cleg(leader/ Colonel/Herr Oberst), Occy(co-leader), Lexual, Nuff, Fox, Shroom, Punkster, Djivide and Famouswolf. We've got a good balance of skills in there atm and are always willing for you guys to pop up on our server at: 193.120.211.34:27016.

It uses the same Admin-MOD as the RaDoX CS server. So pop on the server and say hello sometime smile.gif

As for a seperate DoD board...I honestly think that while DoD is gathering momentum, it doesn't warrant a board yet imho. It's not even close to getting the same level of acclaim as TFC. However, after Beta 1.4 and the ETO campaign, if DoD takes off a la CS...then it'd be a good idea. At the moment, I'm happy with IRC (#radox.dod), e-mail and the Half-Life boards for talking about DoD. The board isn't exactly overflowing with DoD folks begging for a new board...though that could well change after ETO biggrin.gif

Bob the Unlucky Octopus

[This message has been edited by Bob the Unlucky Octopus (edited 18-07-2001).]

[This message has been edited by Bob the Unlucky Octopus (edited 18-07-2001).]

Advertisement