Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What books to read?

Options
  • 02-07-2005 9:19pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,114 ✭✭✭

Apologies if this has been done before!.

You have all shamed me into making an effort of reading more!, used to read a lot and then it gradually died off. Currently in a rut of crime novels, Kay Scarpetta ones mostly although they aren`t the best.

So, what books would people recommend?. Willing to give any thing a go ;) .

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,688 ✭✭✭grimloch

Have a look through the sticky at the top of the page. You might get a few ideas.

Never really into crime novels myself unless the Silence of the Lmabs could be constituted as one a few others along the lines.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,142 ✭✭✭ronano

Confessions of a mask - yukio mishima

• Closed Accounts Posts: 368 ✭✭Geiger

Just wondering if 'American Pscyho' by Bret Easton Ellis is worth reading. I've seen the movie but heard it makes a few changes that most people didn't agree with.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 64 ✭✭Kenshi

Read Steinbeck. "Of Mice and Men","The Grapes of Wrath" and "East of Eden" are just some of his works that are recommended.

Geiger wrote:
    Just wondering if 'American Pscyho' by Bret Easton Ellis is worth reading. I've seen the movie but heard it makes a few changes that most people didn't agree with.

I enjoyed it and it is far superior to the movie so i say yes plus it's like 5 euro in hmv(or near enough)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 368 ✭✭Geiger

ronano wrote:
    I enjoyed it and it is far superior to the movie so i say yes plus it's like 5 euro in hmv(or near enough)

Can I just ask does it have a more conclusive ending than the movie?

Geiger wrote:
    Can I just ask does it have a more conclusive ending than the movie?
    Yes

Advertisement