Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Best Live8 act so far

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 VarneyVampire

:D The Who and Pink Floyd in a class of their own.
    The old ones are always the best.

• Registered Users Posts: 908 ✭✭✭The Cannibal

Surprised at everyone drooling over Floyd. I thought they were definitely good but didn't think they were miles better than the rest of the night, I thought pretty much everyone was good excet Snow Patrol. McCartney was perfect for closing I think, he is one of the true legends in the world and gave a perfect performance on the night and I was even shocked to see him perform Helter Skelter live.

McCartney was my favourite on the night followed by Razorlight. Madonna was much better than I was expecting, she's usually god awful live.

The UK end was fantastic but the American version sucked major donkey balls and didn't seem to have the same flow as the UK one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,501 ✭✭✭Delphi91

Anyone see the banner/sign that someone in the crowd was holding up?

It had a picture of the Pink Floyd pig from the album cover with the words:

"Pink Floyd Reunite - Pigs have flown"

What a brilliant banner - very clever humour.

Oh and Floyd were gob-smackingly BRILLIANT!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,460 ✭✭✭Blisterman

Pink Floyd were probebly the best, but the band I was most excited to see was The Who.
    Worst was probebly Ms Dynamite or Razorlight, for relative obscurity and Mariah Carey for being Crap

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,715 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

People seem to think the floyd were the best dut in all probability its because they havent seen them in such a long time that they seemed fresh and new.
    U2,coldplay etc we are all well used to seeing them in action.
    Yas are all caught up in the romance of pink floyd is all :)

Advertisement