Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

free fees higher in UCD than DCU,TCD?

Options
  • 02-07-2005 9:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,820 ✭✭✭

I did a comparison from their individual pages, and DCU, TCD has €750 exam etc fees + around €40 levy. Sum less than 800 in both colleges. UCD fee was €813.50 2004/05. Why does it differ?

Comments

I think the question is Why should they be the same?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,820 ✭✭✭flodis79

Well, because you shouldn't be punished to pay higher because you wanna choose another college than the one that has cheaper one. I think it's a fairness argument here. Are there no national agreements around this issue?

Nope, unless you count ITs, which Trinity is not.
    you shouldn't be punished to pay higher because you wanna choose another college than the one that has cheaper one.

That's exactly like buying a jumper in a shop when it's 5% cheaper somewhere else.

The prices are probably different because they probably get suppiles from different places, lecturers are payed different etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,386 ✭✭✭Attol

Aren't the fees for the student centre and student services? The fees will vary from college to college as the services provided will as well. That's a total guess.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 839 ✭✭✭zap

no your wrong ucd fee last year was 750 it was just the studnet centre levy and stuff that brought it up.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭Kevin_rc_ie

just don't confuse registration fees and educational fees. or i'll kill you.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 7,486 ✭✭✭Red Alert

The student centre levy is complete bollocks. The college make use of it for just about everything they've got on as well.

Advertisement