Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Online application to BT

• 02-07-2005 9:55pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,536 ✭✭✭

Has anybody managed to register with BT for broadband using their website. I have tried several times using different computers going through all the details and at the end when I try to login it says I am not registered. Is this a bad omen? It seems like good value.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

I think you may be going about it the wrong way...... (I signed up last night for BT Broadband plus by the way. Impressed by price also :)).

You're asked for a username and password for Broadband during signup, but I doubt this is your account username and password thats prompted for onscreen... hence why you cant login.
    They'll probably get in touch with you after a few working days (once all ur application info is processed) and then issue you with an account username and password for the site.
    Hope that made sense :)

• Subscribers Posts: 9,716 ✭✭✭CuLT

Beh, worked for me months ago, but they were still EsatBT then.

I registered via phone a few days ago, I recommend doing it that way if you're having no luck with the online registration.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,536 ✭✭✭Pataman

I tried waiting, 1 week now and counting. I got fed up waiting on the phone

I know they're going through a surge in orders at the moment.
    Even still.. they should have the ability to cope and take on the new customers.
    I registered last night online... gave credit card details and all.
    Was surprised not to have a confirmation email from them at the end of it all.... very poor in my opinion and hopfully not an omen!!
    I'll keep you informed if I hear any more pataman.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,042 ✭✭✭kaizersoze

The username/password you choose when you apply for BT BB online is the username/password you will use to connect when you receive the modem.
    When you receive the confirmation email it will contain a customer number.
    then you go back to the website and click register, fill in the details, (you can choose the same user/pass again or a different one), enter your customer number and that's it :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,505 ✭✭✭Daemonic

whiskeyman wrote:
    I know they're going through a surge in orders at the moment.
    Even still.. they should have the ability to cope and take on the new customers.
    I registered last night online... gave credit card details and all.
    Was surprised not to have a confirmation email from them at the end of it all.... very poor in my opinion and hopfully not an omen!!
    I'll keep you informed if I hear any more pataman.
    Same happened for me re the mail but it arived the next day with account number etc included. A autoreply would be nice but in the end it was fine. Had BB 9 days after ordering.

Daemonic wrote:
    Same happened for me re the mail but it arived the next day with account number etc included. A autoreply would be nice but in the end it was fine. Had BB 9 days after ordering.
    Thanks for the feedback.
    Since I ordered online on Friday evening, I hope to get the email on Monday... all going well :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 145 ✭✭Tech Pete

A friend of mine once tried to order.
    Got no reply. Rang them and was told the order failed.
    He still had Netsmart Dialup on the line.
    So ring them about the order if u dont get the mail.

My first registration was over a week ago. I agree an autoreply email would sort the problem out.

Rang BT today. the reason I didnt get an automated reply was I was a customer of esat years ago and when i tried to set up a new account it wouldnt let me as i was already registeed at this address. Gent on phone processed order. It wont be lodged with eircom until 11th July as this is the launch date.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 458 ✭✭juliuspret

Eircom are going to be busy on the 11th!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 300 ✭✭WillieFlynn

I rang BT about an online order which I received no email reply to. They said I should have receive one shortly after submitting the order. They seemed a little supprised that I received nothing at all.

When they looked for my order they found that it was only partialy there and was stuck in the online ordering system, I was given the option of either resubmitting the order online or over the phone.

William

after registering online last Friday, I got a call today from BT saying it failed as my CC details and username / password weren't accepted (some problem their side..).
    I rang back and gave my details over the phone... all updated.
    Very prompt and polite.
    Was told to expect courier to drop modem within 2 and a half weeks.
    Very happy with that I got to say.

• Registered Users Posts: 528 ✭✭✭Drexl Spivey

I registered to BT online.

You won't find any recap of what you are about to order during the process (what Price you re going to pay, which option you have chosen, ..), no confirmation email, and once you have placed the order, you can't update it online (you have to call them if you fecked up or if you want to change your mind and go for the BB Plus afterall)

I think it's pretty poor. You have a 6 Months contract after all.

The one good thing is that you can choose your user name and password. UTV gave me a password that I didn't choose, and I couldn't update it online.

DigiWeb online Registration looked good (you have a recap and it is clear which option you have chosen etc..)

Any one get connected at the new price yet?

Still waiting.
    Ordered 2 weeks ago now.
    Was told to expect in 2 and a half weeks.
    Hope to receive in next day or so :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,685 ✭✭✭zuma

Keep ringing them up as the chances of BT being on time are remote.

Trust me as I had to wait over 2 months for them to get their act together!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 300 ✭✭WillieFlynn

I've tried twice on-line and once by phone and they still haven't taken my order through corectly...................

You would think they don't want any customers.......... Eircom in reverse (Eircom do everything to stop you leaving rather than joining)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 632 ✭✭✭ButtermilkJack

I registered online for BB Plus + Line Rental on 25th June. After two weeks of tracking my order on the net, it went from "In Progress" to "Order rejected". I rang, and was told my eircom account number never made it through the online application ("Sometimes stuff comes through, sometimes it doesn't" was the answer I got). Very satisfying having waited two weeks for them to notice there was no eircom account number.

Anywho, just rang them yesterday and was told eircom have givin' a date of July 28th for live bb, which the BT guy told me was more likely to be 21st or 22nd since eircom 'usually' turn things around a week before the deadline.

So, to end, I'm waiting for the modem to arrive any day now!! Fingers crossed.

I registered online for BB Plus + Line Rental on 25th June. After two weeks of tracking my order on the net, it went from "In Progress" to "Order rejected". I rang, and was told my eircom account number never made it through the online application ("Sometimes stuff comes through, sometimes it doesn't" was the answer I got).

That happened to me, except they rang me on the Monday to get my details as my Eircom account number (and CC details) didnt go through - I had ordered on the Friday previous.

How did you check the status online? What password / username did you use?
    When registering, it asked for username and password that I thought was for Broadband only, and not as an account (that could be accessed from the main page?).
    I tried these and they failed...... and told me my email wasnt registered when I put in the "forgot password" option.

Me thinks I should ring them today....

• Advertisement

Can't remember exactly how (it's been so long ;) ) but yes it's not the username from the application, that's for the BB when it arrives. As far as I remember, you just register as if you just arrived at the site? New user and all that jazz.

I can't believe they rang you the next (business) day to sort it. I realise there will always be some work to do to set-up a BB connection, but in all fairness, it should be 'off-the-shelf' stuff at this stage. How long have they been trying to get the public to take up this "new technology", yet when you order you're left waiting months!!

Doesn't add up in my book.

Can't remember exactly how (it's been so long ;) ) but yes it's not the username from the application, that's for the BB when it arrives. As far as I remember, you just register as if you just arrived at the site? New user and all that jazz.

I can't believe they rang you the next (business) day to sort it.

Still no idea how you did that..... I ordered by going direct to the order page.
    When trying to log in, it says I've no record...
    If I try to register, It says its for BT customers only :confused:

I was also surprised, but somewhat pleased, at the quick response to sort out my details.
    However, they wanted to get my cr card details off me there and then on the phone, but I refused saying that I'd only give details if I rang them. I thought it a bit poor that I had to advise them why I was doing that, as opposed to them telling me to do it.

Anyway.... I'll ring them in a few mins to check all is in order and I can expect within a few days (rather than weeks!)
    Hope you get yours soon!

Just rang BT:
    I told them I ordered online on 2/7 and had my details checked since by one of their staff on 5/7.
    They asked for my phone number...... and...... apparently no record.
    The agent then said "he wasnt familiar with the system as the others" as he had just started, and then said he'd put me through to someone who could check.
    That turned out to be 15mins put on hold!
    Luckily, I remember the lad I was speaking to who rang me to confirm my details. I'll ask for him (he's on lunch it seems) when he gets back so he can tell me whats going on.

Not off to a good start!

They lost my application as well...TWICE...morons!!!!

Ask for them to make a record of each conversation you have with them...they must do so as the calls are monitored!!!

zuma wrote:
    They lost my application as well...TWICE...morons!!!!

Ask for them to make a record of each conversation you have with them...they must do so as the calls are monitored!!!

cheers zuma.

It's mad...
    Potential customers chasing down a company for their business.... and they act like fools!!
    If only there was decent competition, this attitute wouldnt last.

My thoughts exactly!! The whole attitude towards consumers is digusting, here in Ireland especially. And if you complain you are told you're being typically 'Irish'. It's a lose-lose situation my friend.

Bring on the competition, although in fairness to BT, they've come in and done decent enough job (what with lowering prices and so on...).

Promised to be active on the 26th. Fingers crossed

Pataman wrote:
    Promised to be active on the 26th. Fingers crossed
    I was told the same.
    I rang and they said they did have my order, but it hasnt been processed yet (due to huge backlog as "they didnt expect so many to take up the offer".
    The sales rep didnt seem to confident - he mentioned my order was only brought on the system on 11/07, even though I confirmed details on 05/07.
    He said it should be another week.... but I think I'll ring back on Friday to chase up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

Pataman wrote:
    Has anybody managed to register with BT for broadband using their website. I have tried several times using different computers going through all the details and at the end when I try to login it says I am not registered. Is this a bad omen? It seems like good value.
    yep. done it twice now.
    both times i got no confirmation email.
    i got pissed off at having given both my bank details and my cc number to esat with no response and decided to go (back) with Smart.
    ****ing shower of clowns.
    they responded to my rather irate second email to say that they didn't have any record of my application (and to refrain from using "innapropriate language" :p )
    but didn't bother telling me why they don't have my details.
    shocking service tbh.

• Advertisement

Hahahaha!!!

I got my BB from them near the end of February and it appears nothing has changed.
    Once you get their BB its nice and cheap and now I know why...their HR staff are useless...hiring by useless people gets people they like who must of course be useless!!!

Advertisement