Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I just bought Sabbath

Options
  • 03-07-2005 12:17am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,854 ✭✭✭

I bought Black Sabbath's Paranoid the other day.
    I was never too fond of Sabbath b4 but i really wanted to see what the fuss was about .
    I like it.
    I made sure to buy the one with the songs i heard b4,War pigs,paranoid,planet caravan and iron man.
    Just wanted to see if anyone has any thought about this

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,908 ✭✭✭LostinBlanch

As long as it was Ozzy singing and not Dio. But especially not Ian Gillan worst Deep Sabbath album in history!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,848 ✭✭✭✭Doctor J

That's the album with the hits alright, but personally I think the golden trinity of Master Of Reality, Vol 4 and Sabbath Bloody Sabbath are my own personal favourites. Greatest band ever.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,981 ✭✭✭Diarmuid

funny story. met Tony Iommi and Geezer Butler in a pub in Nice about 2 weeks ago. Pretty cool guys. Was a bit starstruck :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 368 ✭✭Geiger

If you wanna try out some more, check out Sabbath Bloody Sabbath or Heaven & Hell next. Good stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

Excellent album. Agree with other recommendations and would say that Mob Rules is worth checking out, but anything after that is to be avoided.
    Saw them many moons back in Dalymount - Gillan in tight tousers :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,136 ✭✭✭Pugsley

I always though Black Sabbath, and Sabotage were their best, but then again Im a bit of a sucker for 5minute solo's ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,635 CMod ✭✭✭✭Ravelleman

As long as it was Ozzy singing and not Dio. But especially not Ian Gillan worst Deep Sabbath album in history!

I like their stuff with Gillan.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,592 ✭✭✭Ancient1

Funnily enough i got my first Sabbath album (the debut) when i was about 14-15 years old from my ultra-conservative English teacher.

Judging by the cover, this poor dude must have thought that he bought a cd with classical poetry recitals or something and got a shock when he popped it in :D

• Registered Users Posts: 17,586 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

My first album was Paranoid and i thought it was a great introduction to them. Pity ive only been able to buy black sabbath and vol 4 so far.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 953 ✭✭✭superconor

I would have to say the first three (Black Sabbath, Paranoid, Masters of Reality) to be my favourite, and The Wizard and Electric Funeral are my fave Sabbath songs!

• Advertisement
Advertisement