Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

I am interested in helping out

• 17-07-2001 2:27am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 772 ✭✭✭

I would like to help moderate or admin some sections of the boards.
    If in the near future u need some help give me a Slap smile.gif

"Information is Ammunition"
    Choas Engine
    Email: choas@netshop.ie

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,446 ✭✭✭✭amp

Ah yes Mr. Engine, thank you for your offer. If could just answer the following questions:

1. Do you have experience in a leadership position (manager in McDonalds doesn't count)?

2. Do you often have maniacal thoughts of world domination?

3. Do you often arrive home late at night, drunk out of your skull, go on to the boards and have the urge to call people names and then give out tons of karma, before puking up on your keyboard?

4. Do you wear a tin-foil hat?

5. Can you speak fluent |33t5p3@k?

6. Have you taped up your windows to prevent sunlight from obscuring your monitor?

7. Can your trouser legs be easily rolled up?

8. Do you feel that somehow you are out of place and that somewhere there is a group of people that feel the same and that you can relate to and find some meaning in the world without the need for worldly goods?

Thank you for your time, please send your application, along with your worldly goods to:

Dianetics International,
    Abbey Street,
    Dublin 1.

Lunacy Abounds! GLminesweeper RO><ORS!
    "Boxes for show, Baskets for a pro" - [FCA]SyxPak

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by amp:
    </font>

Or any tin-foil accessory. smile.gif

Sorry to upset you but Mod's are normally voted in by the people with final veto from Devore/Cloud and those others who hide behind Q.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

money will change our minds however....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,626 ✭✭✭smoke.me.a.kipper

if anyone's gonna be the next mod, it's gonna be smakey.

nuff said

smak2thefuture.gif

i invented '.com'

• Closed Accounts Posts: 772 ✭✭✭Chaos-Engine

here is your answers AMP smile.gif

1. Do you have experience in a leadership position (manager in McDonalds doesn't count)? 2-3 yrs Shop Manager of a newsagent(real managemnet involved), Managed a Large clan of over 50 members accross 3 games for a year and continued assisting the admin end.
    Held ADMIN status on battlestats.com for along period of time. Haven't been there in a while so dunno if i still am. generally i tend toward responsibility in my everyday affairs.

Absolutly not... I fight all forms of authocratic control online and off

3. Do you often arrive home late at night, drunk out of your skull, go on to the boards and have the urge to call people names and then give out tons of karma, before puking up on your keyboard?
    No... when i get drunk i get horny... when i get horny i have bunny-sex w/ my gf

I have a 30 pin SIMM module for a keyring(i can make u 1 if u like)

and Newspeck and alittle Klingon

6. Have you taped up your windows to prevent sunlight from obscuring your monitor?
    I have a poster of a mosaic of Dark Vader pinned over my window to prevent glare

yes, or else i will be wearing just my undies but i usually prefare my strippy trousers =)

8. Do you feel that somehow you are out of place and that somewhere there is a group of people that feel the same and that you can relate to and find some meaning in the world without the need for worldly goods?
    Yes i do... I am stil looking... But i am mostly there. My girlfriend lends me the social and emotion support i need to survive. Irc does the rest

Choas Engine

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

/me gets out his Notepad

humm ur application shall be forwarded to Mr.Amp thank you very much and please dont forget to send your deposit to him as well

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,946 ✭✭✭red_ice

Amp i more than fit the qualifications for the job tongue.gif
    im a bit rusty in the auld fluent l33t speak...
    1 |\|33|) 70 G37 50|\/|3 P|24((y 1|\| B\/7 1 7|-|1|\||< i11 |\/|4|\|4g3 tongue.gif

Na, im not in any way mod material, im in training atm.. my sarky is sh17e frown.gif

Red. (takin the ****)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

lol biggrin.gif - good come back by Mr. Engine, there smile.gif

Bard
    I've got a plan... and it's as HOT... AS MY PANTS!!!" - Lord Flashheart.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 935 ✭✭✭Mixie

"Haven't been there in a while so dunno if i still am."

There's dedication for ya wink.gif

ROFL!!!! Pld! hahahahaha! biggrin.gif

Agreed. Excellent comeback.

Sorry though, the fact that you have a girlfriend implies you have a thing known as "real life" which automatically disqualifies you wink.gif

Nevertheless as Hobbes sez (and he should know) only Admins can create Mods and as such the only thing I have the power to do is give you positive karma which I gladly do still lmao!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 78,502 ✭✭✭✭Victor

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Chaos-Engine:
    Absolutly not... I fight all forms of authocratic control online and off[/B]</font>

[humour] Well Chaos-Engine is not chasing DeVore's job anyway. [end humour]

Chaos-Engine: contribute some more to the boards and let the Admins see how (un)stable you are. It's taken me more than a year to make mod (todays my first day). The best way to help out for the moment, is, as DeVore says, have a high information (check) to noise ratio. Get recognised as someone who will be appreciated and he only way is up.

Take a look at TheWolf on the Humour Board - he is here only a few months,

Kill, kill, kill the laser mice.

[This message has been edited by Victor (edited 17-07-2001).]

1. Do you have experience in a leadership position (manager in McDonalds doesn't count)? 2-3 yrs Shop Manager of a newsagent(real managemnet involved), Managed a Large clan of over 50 members accross 3 games for a year and continued assisting the admin end.
    Held ADMIN status on battlestats.com for along period of time. Haven't been there in a while so dunno if i still am. generally i tend toward responsibility in my everyday affairs.[/B]</font>
    Hmmm no comment.
    [/B]</font>
    Now you see thats the first flaw, all mods must have global domination in mind. (how do you think Meglome is a mod now tongue.gif)

No... when i get drunk i get horny... when i get horny i have bunny-sex w/ my gf
    [/B]</font>
    Flaw number 2, you cant have a GF/w you gotta stew infront of the PC and wait to pounce on n00bie posters I.E. YOU Thats why amp was redy and waiting smile.gif
    I have a 30 pin SIMM module for a keyring(i can make u 1 if u like)[/B]</font>

Flaw number 3, only tinfoil! nothing more, nothing less.
    and Newspeck and alittle Klingon[/B]</font>

Flaw number 4, Newspeck = lambarville. kligon is a from of torture in some lands and could come in usefull on the boards,
    I have a poster of a mosaic of Dark Vader pinned over my window to prevent glare[/B]</font>
    yes, or else i will be wearing just my undies but i usually prefare my strippy trousers =)[/B]</font>

Yes i do... I am stil looking... But i am mostly there. My girlfriend lends me the social and emotion support i need to survive. Irc does the rest

[/B]</font>

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭TwoShedsJackson

</font>

You're definitely not cut out for the job then smile.gif

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Castor Troy:
    You're definitely not cut out for the job then smile.gif

</font>

Maybe i lied on No. 2 just to get the job.
    How do u think i was the clan leader of a 50 strong memebr clan smile.gif
    I was an evil ass Dominating Leader who push the clan into 2 wars and out the other end after instilling the Charisma required to hold the post of Leader, even after the Original leader returned from holiday smile.gif

I want to be a MOD so bad i admit to all my shady past.

I want it...I'll get it

P.s. lo Red_Ice (i am formly known as NEON) smile.gif... oh yeah that clan that i was talking of wasn't =KwG=

Choas Engine

[This message has been edited by Chaos-Engine (edited 17-07-2001).]

you know how to speak a little klingon
    thats being a trekky.
    no way am i going to share the mod coffee room with a geeky trek head.
    and take that simm of your keyring, you big freak!

/me votes neon/Chaos Engine biggrin.gif

wan wan wan wan wan wan
    wan wan wan wan wan wan
    wan wan wan wan wan wan
    wan wan wan wan wan wan

And so on....

Red.

I ain't no trekky no more
    MOre of a "Lord of the Rings" and "Star Wars" freck.... smile.gif

The Keyring is cool... I make lots of money selling them for £5 each lol
    smile.gif

ANyway WhiteWashMan do u feel treatened that i am superior to u lol biggrin.gif

Choas Engine

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,004 ✭✭✭Lord Khan

1. Do you have experience in a leadership position (manager in McDonalds doesn't count)?
    </font>
    Yes I commanded a Rat-Tag bunch of Rug Rats to do covert ops in the middle east. We really started the gulf war.
    <font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">
    </font>
    Often being all the time? I rule the world you lot just haven't relised it yet
    </font>

Everything but had out karma and puking. I generally call around to their house and beat them with in an inch with a fresh trout ... or cod which ever I can get

</font>

It's made of Platinum and I prefere to call it The UnHoly Crown of £33t|\|355

</font>
    I can also write and talk in it too

</font>

My citadel has no windows

</font>

I prefere dresses ... I means kilts ... much more comfortable
    </font>
    yeah Right, I say if there is such a group where are then so I can make my self their god and take all the goods they are getting rid of.

Thank you for your time, please send your application, along with your worldly goods to:

Dianetics International,
    Abbey Street,
    Dublin 1.

</font>

isn't that dublin 3?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,136 ✭✭✭Bob the Unlucky Octopus

</font>

That's a good enough reason for me- being a major Tolkien fan AND a Star Wars Freak(tm) since high school biggrin.gif The only problem I had with Star Trek was that it was incredibly hard to suspend disbelief- seeing how overambitious it was in portraying Earth in a future timelineeeeezzzzzzzzzzzzz (/me bores himself asleep)
    <font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">ANyway WhiteWashMan do u feel treatened that i am superior to u lol biggrin.gif
    </font>

No comment...apart from a muted (lol) biggrin.gif

Bob the Unlucky Octopus

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Lord Khan:
    isn't [Dianetics International] dublin 3?

</font>

I'd imagine it actually IS in Dublin 1, as it's just off O'Connell Street, on the Arnotts side (practically opposite Arnotts back entrance actually). I know this because I was stopped on the street there by a guy who got me to answer some basic questionnaire questions and then brought me into their office promising "enlightenment" and then offering me a free copy (which I could pay for later if I wanted to) of Mr. Hubbard's book on dianetics. Naturally I politely refused and got the hell out of there... smile.gif

Bard
    I've got a plan... and it's as HOT... AS MY PANTS!!!" - Lord Flashheart.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 801 ✭✭✭TheWolf

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Victor:
    Take a look at TheWolf on the Humour Board - he is here only a few months,

</font>

Mod, eh? Thnx for the idea.

*Looks at Kharn, then goes off to http://www.p45.net/ejitsguides/killyourboss/index.shtml to study how to "get him out of the way" ... *

"Some would say the refridgerator is half full, some would say half empty, I simply say WHO ATE MY PIZZA!!!"

[This message has been edited by TheWolf (edited 18-07-2001).]

</font>

oh cool, more LOTR and star snores. that will certainly appeal to many boring people here. ahh, i see occy has already put up his hand. not a surprise, he has something to say about most things. bit of a know it all really. maybe he can teach you how to spell freak correctly. oh, there is a spell check

The Keyring is cool... I make lots of money selling them for £5 each lol
    smile.gif
    </font>

getting a real job is probably better. imagine if theres a drop in the 'simm-on-a-ring' market. you could be in trouble.

ANyway WhiteWashMan do u feel treatened that i am superior to u lol biggrin.gif

</font>

er, nope.
    i can spell freak for a start.
    besides, you havent actually mentioned any redeeming qualities, and i certainly outrank you in the vaguely interesting ones (if your hobbies include making simm-on-a-ring and learning klingon.
    oh, and i have my own smiley
    wwman.gif
    so there.

ooops,
    forgot,
    lol

Your Imps Demand Cable...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,136 ✭✭✭Bob the Unlucky Octopus

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by WWman:
    ahh, i see occy has already put up his hand. not a surprise, he has something to say about most things. bit of a know it all really.
    </font>

Nothing wrong with having an opinion worth expressing- better than coming up empty-handed or disparaging others (imho). Concealing an opinion selfishly is a bad thing WWman...not having a positive opinion is even worse- I try to avoid both when I can smile.gif As for Star Wars/LOTR being boring...it certainly is for some, I'm sure what you enjoy is boring for some as well. Each to his own, mutual respect in hand perhaps? Certainly nothing to sneer at someone for, holding an opinion, is it? If you feel a need to call me a know-it-all, then you can add to your "vaguely interesting hobbies"- pointed pontification...a profitable business in journalism these days...perhaps you'll pick up a buck for it one day tongue.gif
    <font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2"> maybe he can teach you how to spell freak correctly. oh, there is a spell check</font>

Oh damn...a shame about that grammar check too, isn't it WWMan? You'd think boards.ie moderators would have the courtesy to capitalize the first letter of a sentence, surely? After all, an entire post strewn with a basic grammar error surely deserves more tut-tut'ing than a simple mis-spell of "freak"? smile.gif A sense of humor is worth acquiring WWman- it give us appreciation of all the funny moments in life. Sounds cliche- but then again, I am a bit of "know-it-all" for dishing out a bit of optional friendly advice, aren't I? tongue.gif

Bob the Unlucky Octopus

Get out while you still can Chaos-Engine, as you can see our entire population are muppets!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,984 ✭✭✭✭Lump

/me WANTS THE POWWA........ or something.....

wink.gif

John

Get out while you still can Chaos-Engine, as you can see our entire population are muppets!

</font>

Good point Amp... Muppetry isn't worth responding to.

Choas Engine

• Subscribers Posts: 4,419 ✭✭✭PhilipMarlowe

/me lurks in the shadows waiting to strike… and when a gardening forum eventually comes to pass (as I’m sure you agree it certainly must…) I’ll be there… ready.. and you will all ph33r my chrysanthemums… bwahhahahaaaaaaa

…or something™

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Bob the Unlucky Octopus:
    Oh damn...a shame about that grammar check too, isn't it WWMan? You'd think boards.ie moderators would have the courtesy to capitalize the first letter of a sentence, surely? After all, an entire post strewn with a basic grammar error surely deserves more tut-tut'ing than a simple mis-spell of "freak"? smile.gif A sense of humor is worth acquiring WWman- it give us appreciation of all the funny moments in life. Sounds cliche- but then again, I am a bit of "know-it-all" for dishing out a bit of optional friendly advice, aren't I? tongue.gif

Bob the Unlucky Octopus
    </font>

sorry, the only interesting bits in your reply were the bits where you quoted me.
    besides, this is a bullitan board, not a bloody AA meeting. im not here to make everyone feel happy and jolly.
    dont you have a waiting room full of people or something?

Your Imps Demand Cable...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Mercury_Tilt

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement
Advertisement