Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Search is on for the New 007

• 03-07-2005 6:35am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 21

The search is still on to find the Bond, This is the top contenders,
    How are you up for?

Cast your Vote NOW...

bonds,0.jpgbild_cliveowen.jpgJB%20-%20033A.jpg

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

Ewan Mcgregor or Clive Owen.
    Bloom is too feminine and Farrell would just be plain wrong for the role. (he's only in the running because Brosnan was Oirish tbh)

who the hell is the first dude?

Homer is too over the hill

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,144 ✭✭✭LundiMardi

Isn't the first guy Wolverine? Forget his real name.

Out of those guys Clive Owen would be my choice. Jude Law could be a good choice methinks.

Besides, James Bond has gone well past it's sell by date now. I can't see myself ever looking at another one to be honest.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

LundiMardi wrote:
    Isn't the first guy Wolverine? Forget his real name.
    ah yeah. didn't recognise him without the mutton chops :p
    Hugh Jackman

• Closed Accounts Posts: 345 ✭✭Khalim

no poll? shucks.

I'd go for either Jude Law or Clive Owen myself.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,688 ✭✭✭grimloch

I'd be happy enough as long as it's not Colin Farrell, I'd like to see Jude Law playing Bond.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,859 ✭✭✭Duckjob

I reckon Clive Owen would make a great Bond, he could portray the natural suaveness that Bond should have.

Hugh Jackman could be decent as well.

Jude Law would be too effeminate.

Orlando Bloom would be too weedy.

Ewan McGregor looks too young.

Colin Farrell would just be plain wrong. Just imagine:
    The latest Arch Villian: "Goodbye, Mr Bond"
    Bond: "Go on, y' mad yoke" :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 285 ✭✭shuushh

orlando bloom would be a good choice if they were gonna do some stories from when bond wa syounger which could breath some life into it unfortunatley bloom is a rubbish actor who has no idea how to carry off being a star in a film

clive owen seems perfect for it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

no no no NO to Jude Law playing Bond!! Why does that dude get acting gigs!

Hmm Clive Owen maybe but I've only seen him in King Arthur and he's a bit stiff acting. But he does look the part. ;)

Even though he has a cool accent, Ewan McGregor, it would be very strange to see him play it!

Orlando is just a little boy!!!

Defo think it should be someone from the UK though. Aussie (Hugh Jackman) playing a Bond, NO!

Collin Farrell? you bleedin joking me!! and all and anyways...NO!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 345 ✭✭Khalim

well Colin Farrell could play a cool Bond villain. Some sort of Sekkrit Society in one of their more subtle long-term plans, infiltrate intelligence forces over the world - rather than overt megalomaniacal hi-tech gadgetry mayhem.

God knows we haven't seen one of those in a while.

I also hope Bond focuses more on the character, rather than the gadgets, as I feel at this stage, most of the gadgets they develop are rather bleh.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

Hrm, not sure about any of them really. Owen I guess, he'd be quite similar to Dalton. Convincing as a hard drinker and killer, probably suspect as a womaniser though.

I just can't see McGregor as James Bond, he's not serious enough. Law could be a possibility, he doesn't do characters with a hard edge very much, but I think he'd pull it off.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,437 ✭✭✭weemcd

clive owen is very good in croupier at the whole suave, elequent thing. Just not sure he could pull off the bond charm with cheeky one-liners etc.

He is the best actor on that list for the part tho.

Ive been wrecking my head trying to think if there is anyone else, but cant think of any other names.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,145 ✭✭✭DonkeyStyle \o/

Out of those, Ewan would be my choice.
    Wouldn't it be funny after a few bond movies staring McGregor, to watch Trainspotting and see them all talking about bond movies? 0_o

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 8,140 ✭✭✭fitz

Arse to all of those.

Daniel Craig has been mentioned, and he'd leave the rest of them for dust imo.

daniel_craig_bond.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 294 ✭✭eggshapedfred

i think Christian Bale would be a pretty good bond, though I guess he's busy being batman now...

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,508 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

Owen is the only one of the above who comes close to being Bond, IMO, but I reckon he'd be rather good. I wouldn't use King Arthur as a gauge for his acting abilities though, his presence and delivery in Closer were much more like it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

My vote would go for Paul Bettany.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 8,140 ✭✭✭fitz

My vote would go for Paul Bettany.

Meh, he's a bit to gangly to be honest.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,549 ✭✭✭scuba steve

del.hse wrote:
    The search is still on to find the Bond, This is the top contenders,
    How are you up for?

Cast your Vote NOW...

bonds,0.jpgbild_cliveowen.jpgJB%20-%20033A.jpg
    What happened to Robbie Williams supposed to be him?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,859 ✭✭✭Duckjob

too smirky

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,253 ✭✭✭✭GreeBo

I second Christian Bale
    after seeing Batman Begins and Equilibrium I think he could really pull it off.
    Can do the dark side of bond, looks good in a tux and can do the one liners.

• Advertisement
Advertisement