Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Some new Karma things...

• 15-07-2001 8:37pm
    Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭

We've slightly altered the way karma works,

I think we've removed the autoban at -10 (must ask cloud again).

And we've added a "time heals all wounds" element.

What this does is as follows: Over time, your karma will *tend* towards 0. I mean that in the mathematical sense. Every so often (and I'm NOT explaining the maths behind it) your karma will take 1 step towards 0 (be it positive, or negative).

this means thats over time (and it shouldnt be toooo long) any good or bad karma will dissolve itself.

Hopefully this will ease the seemingly lemming like paranoia over karma.

This still helps we see the bad muppets (because the baords are getting too big to police myself) as you saw how quickly whitelancer got nailed, but misdemeanours will be wiped pretty fast.

We're doing other things but this is something I thought you should know about and it explains some of the weird maths.
    (your history ALWAYS remains but we are thinking of hacking a few new bits into it).

DeVore.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 938 ✭✭✭Lucy_la_morte

Surely -10 autoban should be on since users karma will 'heal' anyway.

It's just a tail, but I'm sort of attached to it.

Lucy la morte.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 111 ✭✭Oh yeah

Suddenly I'm happy about the karma system. I look forward to seeing it being implimented.

Not sure quite why I objected so much in my last post. My opinions tend to change with my mood.

Life is like a pyrotechnics display. You've got to stand back and let it happen, othwerwise you're are sincerely bollocked....

thegreensock.com

Can you feel the love?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,207 ✭✭✭MindPhuck

Dev,

You Nonce! Thats such a 'oooh look at me ..' idea, but its a good one. It will help ease their pain.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,446 ✭✭✭✭amp

Cue CS muppet complaining about non-CS mods altering karma:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,684 ✭✭✭Kraken

So what is all this about karma? i was away for a while. missed a bit.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 78,502 ✭✭✭✭Victor

My first official act as Moderator:

+1 Karma (see I'm not an ogre)

Kill, kill, kill the laser mice.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭Thorbar

My mission in life is to remain at 0 karma.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭entropi

Nice one again dev,pld biggrin.gif good ideas and they should agree with everyone...even the + karma peeps.

"that island has freedom written all over it, sir, that's cuba"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,193 ✭✭✭Kix

Poo. I see my karma has just dropped back to zero.

I guess I've just seen DeVore's new changes in action? I didn't expect it to come so quickly. I've only been +1 for a little while. Anyhow, if that's how it is, that's how it is, I guess.

K

Advertisement