Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Problem with card???

Options
  • 03-07-2005 11:27am
    Registered Users Posts: 22,231 ✭✭✭✭

I recently got a 6600GT GFX card and decided to run 3dmark 03 on it to see how it does, now i left the clocks at stock settings core 500 memory 900
    but i noticed a lot of artifacts appear on the troll layer test and on the ragtroll test, so i overclocked the card to core 550 and memory 1.06ghz to see if it gets worse and it was'nt, there were less, but im wondering is this a card fault or something else in my system??

I got 6481 on standard clocks and 7281 on overclocked,

ive played devestation on everthing full and hav'nt noticed any artifacts, would ati tool work with the 6600gt?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,541 ✭✭✭duridian

I am pretty certain that the standard clocks for a 6600GT are 500 core and 500 (1000 effective) on the ram. Is it a PNY branded card by chance, because they have a 6600GT with lower clocked than the norm ram.
    Also use Rivatuner, ATI tool is only for Radeon cards.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,970 ✭✭✭mp3guy

Sparky_S wrote:
    I recently got a 6600GT GFX card and decided to run 3dmark 03 on it to see how it does, now i left the clocks at stock settings core 500 memory 900
    but i noticed a lot of artifacts appear on the troll layer test and on the ragtroll test, so i overclocked the card to core 550 and memory 1.06ghz to see if it gets worse and it was'nt, there were less, but im wondering is this a card fault or something else in my system??

I got 6481 on standard clocks and 7281 on overclocked,

ive played devestation on everthing full and hav'nt noticed any artifacts, would ati tool work with the 6600gt?

Could just be what the trolls look like, the pixel shading isn't the neatist, i thought it was artefacts at first.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,231 ✭✭✭✭Sparky

mp3guy wrote:
    Could just be what the trolls look like, the pixel shading isn't the neatist, i thought it was artefacts at first.

well TBH i havnt seen it on the test i done on my laptop, the artifacts seem to be where lighting shines on the stones.

And my card is the gainward one with VIVO

Advertisement