Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Port forwarding or dmz...I think?

Options
  • 03-07-2005 12:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,078 ✭✭✭

I currently have a fixed ip, and im using an smc barracade 4-port router. I have a linux pc connected to one of the ports. The pc has a fixed ip address, 192.168.1.76. What i want to be able to do is, ssh into the linux pc with a shell client remotely from anywhere in the world by just typeing in the fixed ip by provider gave me. How do i go about doing this, i know it can be done, but how? I also know that dmz has something to do with it what ever that is.
    Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 365 ✭✭ronanp

Not familiar with your router, but port-forwarding is what you need to set up. There should be an option on your router to port forward, and you'll need to forward port 22 on the router (your fixed address) to port 22 on the pc (193.168.1.76)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,078 ✭✭✭bigpaddy2004

Got it sorted lads, thanks!!

Advertisement