Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Another Forum plz

• 19-07-2001 1:58am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 772 ✭✭✭

Anti-Globalisation movement is growing fast. I suggest A Forum be made to represent it...

Title: Anti-Globalisation

Description: The Economics, Ideology and Methods of the Anti-Globalistion Movements in Ireland and Internationally... Good source for Networking and FAQs.

Catagory: community/Micellaneous or After Hours

I would be willing to moderate this forum as it is something i have a great passsion for and so do others in the Humanities Forum.
    U may say it belongs in Humanities but just look at the amount of conversations on Globalisation in there... it clearly needs its own home....

"Information is Ammunition"
    Choas Engine
    Email: choas@netshop.ie

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭TwoShedsJackson

It belongs in Humanities - I imagine Dev would be disinclined to give it a seperate forum as A) there won't be enough traffic on it, and B) it would look more like boards.ie itself supports Anti-Globalisation, which may or may not be the case smile.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 772 ✭✭✭Chaos-Engine

Globalisation is an Issue not something u simple support by discussing

Gerhard Schruder will be discussing it with Activitest this week... He doesn't support them

Discussion is what this place it about
    I just want to draw some lines and make it more of an Issue... As it is growing on the street and on TV... it is something no one can ignore...supporter or Against

Choas Engine

• Closed Accounts Posts: 616 ✭✭✭C B

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Chaos-Engine:
    U may say it belongs in Humanities but just look at the amount of conversations on Globalisation in there... it clearly needs its own home....
    </font>

You started two of those threads and didn't get a great response to date. the other is essentially a three way conversation between bonkey, bugler and myself.

Since I tend to lean toward the pro-globalisation side anything I'd post would probably be considered spam in an "anti-glodbalisation" forum.

In short humanities is the proper place for this.

and anyway the admins are all raging capitalists tongue.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Castor Troy:
    Excuse me if anyone's going to moderate a Fascist board it's ME!!!!</font>

back into the cupboard for your Mr Troy

Your Imps Demand Cable...

• Advertisement
  • Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

hehe, yeah I LUV money me.

ok, answers in no particular order.

1. I would give a board to hitler himself, but I'd spend ALL day making fun of him on it. Hiding bad things away isnt the answer.
    That said I wont SUPPORT infrastructure for bad things.

2. I dont like the Anti Globalisation thugs but see point 1.

3. I agree that Globalisation is a worrying effect.

4. I doubt it would be busy enough to support a community forum but the jury is out on that one. anyway you need to request it in the proper manner and have 5 separate unique people support its creation.

5. I would sit on it like a big fat woman if it started to organise violent demonstrations. I wouldnt have one moments moral qualms about handing over details of people suspected in violent assault cases despite my background of privacy. I'm not going to shield people so they can act as bullies.

6. I dont for moment suggest that this is what you intend to organise, but it could become a focal point for it.

7. I think single issue boards are tough to keep going. Tough... not impossible but I'm undecided on this one... A show of support would sway me and as CB points out, its hardly overwhelming Humanities at the moment.

8. A politics board looks likely sometime in the future.

There are the random firings of neurons in what I laughingly refer to as my mind...

DeV.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Castor Troy:
    Excuse me if anyone's going to moderate a Fascist board it's ME!!!!</font>

Shhh... quiet - you'll wake Digital Tilmitt and he'll be wanting his Communism board...

Bard
    Some mornings, it's just not worth chewing through the leather straps.

• Registered Users Posts: 898 ✭✭✭Winning Hand

Trolls?

All I see on humanities are two posts started by you with no response to one and small response to the other.

Personally I'm opposed to anti-globalisation, and from reading your posts I dont get how somebody with such impassioned views could be expected to fairly moderate such a board. Why not create an IRA board?

I like my coffee like I like my women.......
    In a plastic cup

I like my coffee like I like my women......
    covered in bees

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Winning Hand:
    Why not create an IRA board?
    </font>

And let Gerry Adams moderate it!!!

P.S. DeV I'd like to repeat my offer to mod a politics board if it goes ahead.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by C B:
    P.S. DeV I'd like to repeat my offer to mod a politics board if it goes ahead.</font>

... and I'd like to second the nomination of C B for Politics board - when you make it of course...

Bard
    Some mornings, it's just not worth chewing through the leather straps.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 772 ✭✭✭Chaos-Engine

Globalisation isn't just politcal its EVERYTHING

the best thing i can think of calling the board would be...

"Popular Movements" r something along that lines

P.S... Anti-Globalisation is an Issue(for or against) not a Party like Facists

Choas Engine

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,275 ✭✭✭Shinji

Surely "unpopular movements" or "movements popular among unwashed students" would be more apt? smile.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,446 ✭✭✭✭amp

And BLAM! Shinj makes the killer burn!

Lunacy Abounds! GLminesweeper RO><ORS!
    "Boxes for show, Baskets for a pro" - [FCA]SyxPak

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

I dunno, the AG people seem to come across as luddites.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,141 ✭✭✭fisty

Anti-Globalisation is a political agenda.
    Might as well have a Fascism board.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,626 ✭✭✭smoke.me.a.kipper

a political agenda board then??

i invented '.com'

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by smoke-me-a-kipper:
    a political agenda board then??

</font>

no, a fascism board smile.gif
    id so love to mod that!

Your Imps Demand Cable...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,446 ✭✭✭✭amp

To specific to be a full forum but sounds fine as a community forum.

Lunacy Abounds! GLminesweeper RO><ORS!
    "Boxes for show, Baskets for a pro" - [FCA]SyxPak

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭TwoShedsJackson

Excuse me if anyone's going to moderate a Fascist board it's ME!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,626 ✭✭✭smoke.me.a.kipper

smak for mod!! tongue.gif

i invented '.com'

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,468 ✭✭✭Evil Phil

How about 'bowel movements'?

Globalise Resistance Ireland are on the web, or at least they were until tonight, at:

http://globaliseresistance.cjb.net/

And they have a yahoo group that you can subscribe to. Personally I think it's to narrow an agenda/topic to warrent a board here.

I think broad forums like humanities encourage broad discussion. Opening small forums for each little perspective would simply have people debating the minutae of their philosophy without addressing the broader unresolved issues (something lefties are very good at).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,687 ✭✭✭tHE vAGGABOND

Shinji's just bitter that no college would take him smile.gif

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by DeVore:

3. I agree that Globalisation is a worrying effect.
    </font>

I assume then that Spinsol have no intentions to expand beyond the Republic. smile.gifrolleyes.giftongue.gif

Advertisement