Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

What new shows we'll be watching this year?

• 03-07-2005 6:56pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,299 ✭✭✭

Does anyone know of any good shows coming to Irish/Uk Tv soon
    Family guy season 4 and American Dad should be on bbc3/4 soon they are both great,
    also Veronica Mars will be on Sky one soon, see here

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,753 ✭✭✭qz

I'm just waiting for Lost to reappear with season 2, though it'll only be on in American in September.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,508 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

Six Feet Under will surely be back on RTE at some stage. Season 5 has been superb so far.
    Not a new show, but then neither are most of the others mentioned :)

I want to see Veronica Mars, teen shows just haven't been as good as they should be. Hopefully VM will change this. Also. Six Feet Under's fifth season. I will be heavily sad when it's all over!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,036 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Sandals wrote:
    ..also Veronica Mars will be on Sky one soon..
    Actually, Sky One never acquired the rights to Veronica Mars.. that was just a rumour!

Read it one of Sky.com Scheduling Q&A's (the area where viewers ask questions like "when will Sky start showing series [insert series here] of the fantastic [insert show here]?")

Apparently, according to the creator Rob Thomas - BBC have acquired the rights in the UK. Maybe hoping to push it into Buffy's Thursday at 6.45pm timeslot - where it will be butchered to hell!

Have gotten into very little new shows besides the two fantastic standout shows of last season - 'Lost' and 'Veronica Mars' - have started enjoying a show called 'The Inside' but it's just been cancelled! Typical Fox!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,788 ✭✭✭tvnutz

Damn I thought Sky had VM...who will get it now? i want to see it.

• Advertisement

tvnutz wrote:
    Damn I thought Sky had VM...who will get it now? i want to see it.
    As i said above, BBC have apparently acquired the rights.

VM is fantastic stuff - the only new show to rival the genius that is 'Lost' this year!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,299 ✭✭✭Sandals

yeah it is good although i have only watched 6. was a bity unimpressed at first though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,217 ✭✭✭Matthewthebig

What is this fancy pants show?

basquille wrote:

VM is fantastic stuff - the only new show to rival the genius that is 'Lost' this year!!

ye i meant who will get it and not cut it to bits :p

tvnutz wrote:
    ye i meant who will get it and not cut it to bits :p
    The answer lies HERE! :D

• Advertisement

basquille wrote:

LOL...I have scrubs and arrested development on my list,with NO money...so the list is kind of not being cleared at all :p

on cd wow, scrubs season 1 is 28 euro and AD is 26 E not bad! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,416 ✭✭✭doh.ie

basquille wrote:

Oh, YES! Same as yourself, Lost & Veronica (with a less devoted, but enjoyable watch of Desperate Housewives) were the standout shows for me of 2004/5.

DVD sounds bloody ace. Bloopers should be brilliant - I suspect they have a great time filming the show. Fans need to buy this to show UPN there's a large fanbase out there behind the series. It may have some a sad last among all the series last year, but that's mostly UPN's fault. I strongly believe the E! Online poll was partly responsible for ensuring its return.

The Mars cast even made their way into Entertainment Weekly's Top 121 Stars to Watch last week as well...

Now if only this could be screened somewhere without cuts - BBC, pah! (Sky have really missed out... again!) Maybe TG4 will have the good sense to pick up another gem.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 488 ✭✭babaduck

House
    Boston Legal
    Kath & Kim

All cracking shows available to us lucky sods with Sky Digital!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,416 ✭✭✭doh.ie

babaduck wrote:
    House
    Boston Legal
    Kath & Kim

All cracking shows available to us lucky sods with Sky Digital!

Boston Legal, great show - House is well worth a watch on Five/Hallmark. No sign of that on RTE/TV3/TG4 yet, which is a bit odd.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 85 ✭✭slovessmg

Apparently LIVING TV have the satalite rights to Veronica Mars.
    I reckon we should start the mass e-mailing campain to get them to start showing it!
    Visit: http://www.livingtv.co.uk/registration/contact.html
    Or e-mail: enquiries@livingtv.co.uk to make your voice heard.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,842 ✭✭✭steveland?

basquille wrote:

That it is alright... few "filler" episodes but overall it had a great run

I dunno how they're gonna advertise it and not leave it sounding like a generic teen show though...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 902 ✭✭✭d4gurl

Veronica Mars!(i hope it lives up to its hype!)
    yeh i know the bottom three are not new but hey wateva!lol!
    Desperate Housewives season 2
    The O.C. season 3
    oh and i know one tree hill's second season hasnt even been aired yet but im already waiting for the third!lol!

Advertisement