Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Mind your stuff @ UL Arena...!

• 03-07-2005 8:29pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,383 ✭✭✭

My kid just came home from swimming with a couple of friends and their parents. They'd all just had their mobiles, wallets, cash etc. nicked - from inside locked lockers..! :mad:

Not knocking the place - or its staff - but they'd want to do something about security. Apparently a load of other people suffered the same fate.

From now on, any time we go there, we'll be leaving all valuables at home. Be warned...

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 420 ✭✭moshpit77

not really a good advert for the place now is it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,174 ✭✭✭1huge1

thats a first to me ill definetely keep that in mind

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,583 ✭✭✭limerick_man

Same here, but the facilities are great, it wont dent the Arena... although they should make sure no one just goes in without wanting to swim!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 60 ✭✭Elley

I would think it was a little bit silly to bring valuables with you in the first place, not that the thieving is acceptable!

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 9,547 Mod ✭✭✭✭BossArky

Sorry to hear that. UL arena has great facilities, shame the area is swarmed with an influx of knackers in the summer.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭zachler

I remember reading a year or two ago that the Munster Rugby team had their dressing room ransacked while they trained in UL.
    Also, last summer this guy with two kids told me he was never bringing his kids to the Arena again. He said he didn't want them to have to listen to that kind of language while they swam.
    Obviously the Arena needs to strike a balance between being a state-of-the-art university sports facility and an asset to the greater community but if it continues like this it'll be known as the new St. Endas.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,309 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Unfortunately these places are magnets for the typical scumbag. Best thing is try to be extra vigilant when visiting these places.

Advertisement