Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Optimizing video for internet

• 03-07-2005 9:39pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 927 ✭✭✭

Is there a free program or a plug-in for premier that I can use to optimze video files for the internet? I have a quicktime file i'd like to put on the internet.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 398 ✭✭reece

Don't know about premier pro but with premier elements you can drag your quicktime file to the timeline and export to mpeg optimized for the net - pro probably has the same thing

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,145 ✭✭✭DonkeyStyle \o/

I know it's not quicktime, but I've found Windows Media Encoder quite handy... nice clarity at low bitrates aswell.
    Just thought I'd throw it out there as an alternative.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Phaictan

You should have a look at Quicktime Pro. It's not free (it's €30 from the Apple website) but it's available for Mac and PC and it includes the new H264 Codec. It will allow you to open any Quicktime file and convert it to any codec that Quicktime supports (Sorenson, MPEG1 etc).

H264 is the new flavour of MPEG4 that is wowwing everyone at the moment. It has excellent quality and small files sizes and is designed for web streaming.

Cheers

Phaictan

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,241 ✭✭✭MrVestek

If you install the Windows Media Encoder then you can use the Adobe Media Encoder to export to wmv optimised for the web. Just go to File > Export > Movie > Adobe Media Encoder after you've installed Windows Media Encoder. Then you can select Windows Media Video 9 as your compression and there'll be a few presets there for you to work with.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,971 ✭✭✭mp3guy

I find that mpeg4 v2 at 300kbps is good for net video.

• Advertisement
Advertisement