Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

moderators? (for admins)

• 21-07-2001 10:39pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 257 ✭✭

if someone is moderator of one board, why are they allowed assign karma/edit posts/delete posts on other boards.

im not asking this to challenge or insult any mods but it has to be asked.

eg
    if i fcuk up on the cs boards i expect to be chastened by shinji, mills or meglome, or even one of the admins. i dont expect to receive bad karma and post deletions from say the moderator of the food and drink board.

it makes me laugh is all.

(no offence to kayos intened hes sound)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,980 ✭✭✭meglome

Tis a very good point, I wondered that myself.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭DRakE

Yeah.

and i want to be the moderator of the game editing board. if its possible to be moderator of a community board :/

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

I dont think they can any more.

We've actively discouraged it too.

I'll look into it.

DeV.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 78,502 ✭✭✭✭Victor

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Jug-A-Lug:
    please victor stay to your own board, i think shinji's karma throwing stars of death are perfectly adequate.</font>

Matt, the only reason that I posted what I posted on the CS board was because of the offensive nature of Kicker's post (Dutchy Holland was a member of the gang that killed Veronica Guerin - the most prominant murder in recent Irish history - and is alleged to have been the triggerman).

Now "Wan Holland! Wan Dutchy!" is hardly the response to be issued to someone feeling intimidated, in particular someone who feels they are being attacked for being female.

All I did was warn him what would happen if he continued offenseive / spammy posts. At the time I had no intention of going any further without contacting Mills & Shinji (not even sure how much further I could have gone, other than Karma).

However when the question is asked "who watches the watchers?", the response must be "the watched".

Kill, kill, kill the laser mice.

[This message has been edited by Victor (edited 22-07-2001).]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭TwoShedsJackson

Amazing how people & the subject of behaving like muppets always revolves around the CS board rolleyes.gif

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

i think its kind of nice.
    you act the muppet on one board, and then you
    come to the admin board and complain abou it and tell the world about your muppetry!

fun fun fun

• Closed Accounts Posts: 257 ✭✭Jug-A-Lug

it wasnt about acting the muppet, more of a terretorial thingy, im not a mod, i dont know the rules governing mods, i just thought mods had to stick to their own boards, but more and more i read peoples karma history i see mods chastising for posts on other boards.

it wasnt a dig at anyone in particular just a general swing at things.

+ i still think it was a valid question to ask.

it wasnt about acting the muppet, more of a terretorial thingy, im not a mod, i dont know the rules governing mods, i just thought mods had to stick to their own boards, but more and more i read peoples karma history i see mods chastising for posts on other boards.

it wasnt a dig at anyone in particular just a general swing at things.

+ i still think it was a valid question to ask.
    </font>

oh no!
    someone took my karma away!
    oh no!
    someone edited my post!
    moan moan moan.
    anyway, if it makes you laugh as in your first post, why do you get so upset.
    its a board for god sake!
    moderators are allowed to read other boards you know.

Your Imps Demand Cable...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Its all wwman's fault he is the evil mod blame him tongue.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,494 ✭✭✭kayos

eg
    if i fcuk up on the cs boards i expect to be chastened by shinji, mills or meglome, or even one of the admins. i dont expect to receive bad karma and post deletions from say the moderator of the food and drink board.

it makes me laugh is all.

(no offence to kayos intened hes sound)
    </font>

Thats it pick on the new mod smile.gif Jag has a point.
    The way I would look at this is as follows if a person has been karmalised over one post be it by that boards admin or not more karma should not be given out. IE you dont get slapped twice for the same mistake once by mammy and once by daddy. But I think its a good idea that mods can give karma out on other boards example I go away for a holiday I'd like to think my board would be in safe hands (not that much goes on there) of other mods keeping an eye on things. I would never administer negative karma when its already been give for an incedent. I think some rule like that should apply for the mods but when daddy Devore/Cloud/ et all come home if they see fit they can administer karma even if already issued (Like the Billy Connely Joke about the dad beating the kid and then saying "Would you like somemore of the same?"). I think as a rule of tumb anytime a mod gives karma the post to which the karma is related must be linked to.

Sorry if this makes nosense at all but thats my feelings on the topic.

kayos

When you get to hell tell them I sent you,
    you'll get a group discount...

tribes.gameshop.ie

• Advertisement
  • Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

*cough*

I'll say this one more time:

You CANNOT be given positive or negative karma for one post by two mods. Which ever one of them gives it first, the second will be told to bog off as someone has already dished out karma for that post.

Just to clarify things...

DeV.

-1 karma to DeV for being narky.

Your Imps Demand Cable...

Admins:

Just for clarity, can you set out rules regarding karma (+ always acceptable, -should only be that board's mod), 'cross-moderation' (acceptable in the cases of pr0n, legally questionable stuff) and the like.

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by WhiteWashMan:
    i think its kind of nice. you act the muppet on one board, and then you come to the admin board and complain abou it and tell the world about your muppetry!</font>

Who? Neither Jag nor I acted the muppet, someone else did.

Advertisement